Welding Inspection - Level II
What will I learn
Welding Inspection - Level II
The Welding Inspection Level II course is designed to provide comprehensive training and qualification for individuals involved in advanced welding inspection activities, including Technicians, Inspectors, and Engineers. This course builds upon the foundational knowledge gained at Level I and satisfies the formal training requirements of PCN (GEN) for those seeking to obtain higher-level Welding Inspector qualifications.
The Welding Inspection Level II course covers an extensive range of topics that delve deeper into welding inspection principles and practices. The course content includes:
- Principles of Welding Inspection: Review of fundamental principles and concepts related to welding inspection.
- Basics of Welding Processes: Comprehensive understanding of various welding processes, their controls, functions, and equipment.
- Welding Parameters and Control: Advanced knowledge of correct setup, control, calibration, and validation requirements of welding parameters.
- Health and Safety Aspects: In-depth understanding of health and safety considerations specific to welding inspection activities.
- Testing Techniques and Workmanship Assessment: Prioritizing welding imperfections, and advanced techniques for assessing workmanship quality.
- Reporting and Defect Types: Detailed reporting of inspection results, and identification of various imperfections and defect types in welding.
- Delectability of Imperfections/Defects: Advanced understanding of the detectability of imperfections and defects in welds.
- Factors Affecting Welding Inspection Performance: Evaluation of factors influencing the performance of welding inspection.
- Codes of Practice and Standards: Thorough knowledge of relevant codes of practice and industry standards.
- Conducting and Recording Tests: Advanced guidance on conducting and accurately documenting welding inspection tests.
- Practical Assessment: Hands-on assessment of both welded and non-welded joints, applying advanced inspection techniques.
Responsibilities of Certified Level II:
Upon certification as a Welding Inspection Level II, individuals will possess the following responsibilities and knowledge:
- Comprehensive understanding of welding terminology and its application in inspection.
- In-depth knowledge of a wide range of welding technologies and their interaction with welding inspection.
- Familiarity with the responsibilities and duties of a welding inspector.
- Understanding of different joint designs and compliance with welding procedure requirements.
- Knowledge of the challenges associated with welding various material types.
- Appreciation of different welding, cutting, and gouging processes during the inspection.
- Understanding of how welding influences mechanical and metallurgical properties.
- Knowledge of different heat treatment methods employed in welding.
- Understanding the importance of approved welding procedures and qualified welders.
- Familiarity with various types of mechanical tests and their purpose in evaluating weld quality.
- Ability to identify common weld imperfections and strategies for their prevention.
- Knowledge of controls necessary to mitigate cracking and distortion in welded joints.
- Proficiency in interpreting welding symbols and engineering drawings.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements specific to welding operations.
- Ability to provide informed assessments and make acceptance or rejection decisions for welded joints and mechanical tests.
- Competence in reviewing NDT and other quality control reports.
- Appreciation for the need for quality assurance, quality control, and inspection within an organization.
Training & Exam Duration:
- The Welding Inspection Level II course includes comprehensive training sessions over 4 days, followed by a 1-day examination.
Work Experience Requirement:
- No specific work experience requirement is stated for Welding Inspection Level II certification. However, it is recommended to gain practical experience in welding inspection activities to enhance proficiency and understanding in the field.
- Please note that achieving PCN Welding Inspector qualifications may require additional training, work experience, and examination requirements beyond Level II. Contact us for more information on the complete certification path.
We are dedicated to providing high-quality training and preparing individuals for successful careers in Welding Inspection. If you have any further inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out.
About this institute
Institute Name : WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC.
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dubai
Mode : Online
WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC is a leading provider of training and certification in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Established in Dubai, UAE in 2014, we are an approved institution by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and offer NDT Level I, II, and III training services in line with the PCN Scheme and ISO 9712.
Our Certification Body, the British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT), is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS). As an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) and Authorized Qualification Body (AQB), we conduct PCN Level 1, 2, and 3 NDT Certification programs.
Furthermore, we hold certification from URS for operating a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ensuring the provision of quality training and examination of NDT Personnel.
In addition to our NDT training, we also offer a Radiation Safety Training course that fulfills the requirements set forth by esteemed authorities such as the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR - REG - 24), RG 006, RG 007, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA - SSG46), and Pub 20.
At WENS, we are committed to delivering comprehensive and high-quality training services. Our expert instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide a conducive learning environment to help individuals gain essential NDT skills and knowledge.
Choose WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC for excellence in NDT training and certification. Join us to unlock your potential and embark on a rewarding career journey in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.