Welding Inspection - Level I
What will I learn
Welding Inspection - Level I
The Welding Inspection Level I course is designed to provide comprehensive training and qualification for individuals involved in welding inspection activities, including Technicians, Inspectors, and Engineers. This course satisfies the formal training requirements of PCN (GEN) and serves as the foundational step towards achieving PCN Welding Inspector qualifications.
The Welding Inspection Level I course covers a range of topics essential to welding inspection. The course content includes:
- Principles of Welding Inspection: Understanding the fundamental principles and concepts related to welding inspection.
- Basics of Welding Processes: Overview of various welding processes, their controls, functions, and equipment.
- Welding Parameters and Control: Correct setup and control of welding parameters, calibration, and validation requirements.
- Health and Safety Aspects: Understanding the health and safety considerations associated with welding inspection activities.
- Testing Techniques: Prioritizing welding imperfections, assessment of workmanship, and testing methods.
- Reporting and Defect Types: Reporting results, and identifying imperfection and defect types in welding.
- Delectability of Imperfections/Defects: Understanding the detectability of imperfections and defects in welds.
- Factors Affecting Welding Inspection Performance: Identifying factors that can impact the effectiveness of welding inspection.
- Codes of Practice and Standards: Familiarization with relevant codes of practice and industry standards.
- Conducting and Recording Tests: Practical guidance on conducting and documenting welding inspection tests.
- Practical Assessment: Hands-on assessment of welded and non-welded joints to apply inspection techniques.
Responsibilities of Certified Level I:
Upon certification as a Welding Inspection Level I, individuals will be equipped with the following responsibilities:
- Understand welding terminology and definitions related to visual inspection.
- Assess various welded joints for features and imperfections accurately.
- Identify weld features and characteristics associated with arc welds.
- Apply acceptance criteria for welding imperfections and make judgments on welds.
- Produce detailed weld inspection reports that accurately document the inspection findings.
- Gain an appreciation for different welding processes and their features.
- Understand typical welding documents that facilitate effective visual inspection.
- Recognize the content and significance of a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) in visual inspection.
Training & Exam Duration:
- The Welding Inspection Level I course consists of comprehensive training and a final examination. The training duration is 2 days, followed by a 1-day examination.
Work Experience Requirement:
- No specific work experience requirement is stated for Welding Inspection Level I certification. However, it is recommended to gain practical experience in welding inspection activities to enhance proficiency and understanding in the field.
- Please note that achieving PCN Welding Inspector qualifications may require additional training, work experience, and examination requirements beyond Level I. Contact us for more information on the complete certification path.
We are committed to providing high-quality training and preparing individuals for successful careers in Welding Inspection. If you have any further inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach out.
About this institute
Institute Name : WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC.
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dubai
Mode : Online
WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC is a leading provider of training and certification in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Established in Dubai, UAE in 2014, we are an approved institution by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and offer NDT Level I, II, and III training services in line with the PCN Scheme and ISO 9712.
Our Certification Body, the British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT), is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS). As an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) and Authorized Qualification Body (AQB), we conduct PCN Level 1, 2, and 3 NDT Certification programs.
Furthermore, we hold certification from URS for operating a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ensuring the provision of quality training and examination of NDT Personnel.
In addition to our NDT training, we also offer a Radiation Safety Training course that fulfills the requirements set forth by esteemed authorities such as the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR - REG - 24), RG 006, RG 007, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA - SSG46), and Pub 20.
At WENS, we are committed to delivering comprehensive and high-quality training services. Our expert instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide a conducive learning environment to help individuals gain essential NDT skills and knowledge.
Choose WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC for excellence in NDT training and certification. Join us to unlock your potential and embark on a rewarding career journey in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.