Visual Testing - Level I
What will I learn
Visual Testing - Level I
Visual Testing (VT) is a fundamental nondestructive testing method that involves the direct and indirect visual inspection of materials and components. Direct inspection relies on the human eye, while indirect inspection may involve the use of visual aids such as magnifying glasses, mirrors, borescopes, or closed-circuit TV systems. Visual inspection plays a critical role in identifying visible defects, anomalies, and problem areas, making it an essential starting point for inspectors in the NDT industry.
The Visual Testing Level I course provides the foundational knowledge and skills required for visual inspection. The course content includes:
- Definitions and terminology related to Visual Testing
- Vision and the Importance of visual acuity
- Lighting Techniques and their impact on visual inspection
- Environmental factors affecting visual assessment
- Direct and indirect methods of visual inspection
- Visual inspection equipment and their applications
- Surface conditions and their significance in visual examination
- Inspection and testing criteria for identifying defects
- Reporting of results and documentation practices
- Application of written instructions for Visual Testing
- Relevant codes, standards, and industry guidelines
- Product technology considerations for welds, castings, wrought materials, and secondary process defects
- Inspection of in-service components and identifying common issues
Responsibilities of Certified Level I:
An individual certified to Visual Testing Level I has demonstrated competence to perform Visual Testing under the supervision of Level II or Level III personnel, following written instructions. Level I personnel may be authorized by their employer to perform the following tasks by Visual Testing instructions:
- Set up Visual Testing equipment
- Conduct Visual Inspection tests
- Record and classify test results based on predetermined criteria
- Report the results of Visual tests
- Level I certified personnel are not responsible for choosing test methods or interpreting test results. Their role is to assist higher-level personnel in carrying out inspections effectively.
Training & Exam Duration:
- Visual Testing Level I training requires 16 hours of instruction. Candidates must also undergo an additional 8 hours of training as per SNT-TC-1A guidelines. These training hours provide the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge to perform visual inspections proficiently. The examination requirements will be provided upon request.
Work Experience Requirement:
- To achieve PCN Level I certification in Visual Testing, candidates must have a minimum of 1 month of supervised work experience in VT. This requirement ensures that Level I practitioners have practical exposure and familiarity with the inspection processes in real-world scenarios. Please note that work experience should align with a nominal 40-hour workweek or the legal week of work.
- Note: Visual Testing Level I certification serves as a solid foundation for individuals entering the NDT industry. It equips them with the necessary skills to conduct visual inspections effectively, identify visible defects, and report their findings accurately. Visual inspection remains a cost-effective method that can reveal critical information about the condition of materials and components, allowing for further NDT applications when required.
About this institute
Institute Name : WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC.
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dubai
Mode : Online
WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC is a leading provider of training and certification in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Established in Dubai, UAE in 2014, we are an approved institution by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and offer NDT Level I, II, and III training services in line with the PCN Scheme and ISO 9712.
Our Certification Body, the British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT), is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS). As an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) and Authorized Qualification Body (AQB), we conduct PCN Level 1, 2, and 3 NDT Certification programs.
Furthermore, we hold certification from URS for operating a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ensuring the provision of quality training and examination of NDT Personnel.
In addition to our NDT training, we also offer a Radiation Safety Training course that fulfills the requirements set forth by esteemed authorities such as the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR - REG - 24), RG 006, RG 007, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA - SSG46), and Pub 20.
At WENS, we are committed to delivering comprehensive and high-quality training services. Our expert instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide a conducive learning environment to help individuals gain essential NDT skills and knowledge.
Choose WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC for excellence in NDT training and certification. Join us to unlock your potential and embark on a rewarding career journey in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.