Ultrasonic Testing Level II
What will I learn
Ultrasonic Testing Level II
Ultrasonic Testing (UT) is a highly effective nondestructive testing (NDT) method that utilizes high-frequency sound waves to inspect materials for flaws. Building upon the foundational knowledge gained in Ultrasonic Testing Level I, our Ultrasonic Testing Level II course provides students with a deeper understanding of UT principles and practices while fulfilling the required 40 hours of classroom training.
During the Ultrasonic Testing Level II classroom training, students will reinforce and expand their knowledge in various aspects of UT. The curriculum covers advanced topics such as materials and process considerations, evaluation of welds and bonded structures, discontinuity detection and sizing, and code interpretation. Through a combination of interactive classroom lectures and practical exercises, students will enhance their skills and expertise in Ultrasonic Testing.
Review of Ultrasonic Level I Theory
- Recap of key principles and concepts covered in Ultrasonic Testing Level I
- Consolidation of knowledge in UT equipment, operation, calibration, and flaw detection
Materials and Process
- Understanding the characteristics and properties of different materials
- Considerations for UT inspections in various industrial processes
- Challenges and limitations in inspecting specific materials
Welding Processes and Evaluation
- Overview of different welding processes and techniques
- Evaluation of weld quality using UT methods
- Identification and classification of common weld discontinuities
Bonded Structures and Evaluation
- Principles and challenges of inspecting bonded structures
- UT techniques for detecting disbonds, delaminations, and adhesive failures
- Evaluation and interpretation of UT indications in bonded components
5.1 Size, Orientation, Shape
- Factors influencing the detectability of discontinuities
- Identification and characterization of different types of discontinuities
- Importance of size, orientation, and shape in UT flaw detection
6.1 "6 dB Drop Method"
- Principles and techniques for sizing discontinuities using UT
- Application of the "6 dB drop method" for flaw sizing
- Determining the dimensions and extent of flaws
6.2 Crack Sizing
- Advanced crack sizing techniques in UT inspections
- Evaluation of crack dimensions and criticality
- Techniques for assessing the severity and integrity of cracked components
Discontinuities and Signal Characteristics
- Analysis and interpretation of UT signals from various discontinuities
- Understanding the relationship between signal characteristics and flaw properties
- Differentiating between relevant indications and noise or artifacts
Evaluation of Discontinuities by Specifications and Procedures
- Application of codes, standards, and specifications in UT evaluations
- Interpretation of inspection results based on acceptance criteria
- Documentation and reporting requirements for UT inspections
By completing our Ultrasonic Testing Level II training, students will elevate their expertise in UT inspections and gain a deeper understanding of advanced UT techniques. Our experienced instructors will guide students through comprehensive classroom sessions and practical hands-on exercises, ensuring a thorough grasp of UT principles and applications. Join us in advancing your career in nondestructive testing and furthering your knowledge in Ultrasonic Testing.
About this institute
Institute Name : Advanced NDT and Consulting
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Tulsa, OK
Mode : Online
At Advanced NDT and Consulting, we have a singular mission: to redefine industry standards by delivering exceptional quality services and products that surpass expectations. With unwavering commitment and innovative thinking, we strive to shape the future of our industry. While many larger companies prioritize profit margins, we remain steadfast in our dedication to the quality of work we provide.
Our goals are straightforward: we aim to restore the unwavering faith and trust that once characterized the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Through our efforts, we aspire to bring back the days when clients were true partners, rather than mere purchase orders. We want to foster a collaborative environment where our clients can rely on us as trusted allies.
To ensure the highest caliber of technicians, Advanced NDT and Consulting has implemented a comprehensive training process. Our Quality Management System (QMS) outlines strict guidelines for the qualification and certification of all technicians. By prioritizing the well-being and development of our employees, we ensure that our service embodies the principles we hold dear.
At Advanced NDT and Consulting, we are driven by a passion for excellence. We believe that by raising the bar and setting new standards, we can revolutionize the NDT industry. Through our unwavering commitment to quality, integrity, and continuous improvement, we aim to exceed client expectations and leave a lasting impact on the field of Non-Destructive Testing.