Ultrasonic Phased Array Inspection for Aircraft and Aerospace Applications
What will I learn
Are you ready to take your career in aircraft and aerospace inspection to new heights? Our intensive 40-hour (5-day) course in Ultrasonic Phased Array Inspection is tailored for professionals in aircraft manufacturing, engine manufacturing, aircraft operations, aircraft maintenance, and aircraft inspection companies.
- Focused Expertise: This course is designed specifically for those involved in the aviation and aerospace industries, including aircraft manufacturers, engine manufacturers, aircraft operators, and maintenance and inspection personnel.
- Airbus A320 Wing Skin Corrosion Inspection: One of the course highlights is the comprehensive coverage of Airbus A320 Wing Skin Corrosion inspection techniques, offering practical insights into real-world aerospace applications.
- Our course curriculum is structured to provide in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Ultrasonic Phased Array Inspection, including:
- Classroom theory sessions: These sessions cover topics such as the comparison of conventional ultrasonic theory and phased array theory and techniques, and familiarization with the operation of the OmniScan® equipment.
- Current aircraft applications: Explore the diverse applications of ultrasonic phased array technology in the aerospace industry, including composites, metal/metal bonding, friction stir welding, fastener hole inspection, billet inspection, and landing gear inspection.
- Structured hands-on practical exercises: Utilize the OmniScan® equipment to perform practical exercises on a range of aircraft defect samples. Feel free to bring your samples to further enhance your learning.
- Technique development training: Learn to develop inspection techniques and optimize set-up procedures to ensure accurate and reliable results.
- Software manipulation: Gain proficiency in software operation for imaging, data storage, and set-up storage.
Certification and Approval Examinations:
- Our course aligns with certification requirements by employer-based certification programs, such as SNT-TC-1A or NAS-410. We assist course attendees, helping them incorporate these additional requirements into their NDT personnel certification programs.
- Students have the opportunity to take approval examinations in Ultrasonic Inspection at Level I, II, or Level III to SNT-TC-1A, NAS 410, or BS EN 4179 by their company's written practice, arranged before the examinations.
Level III Services:
The International School of Aerospace NDT goes beyond education and serves as an outside agency, providing Level III services as defined in the industry documents mentioned above. We offer expert inspection services for aerospace applications.
Elevate your career and expertise in aerospace inspection with our Ultrasonic Phased Array Inspection course, tailored to the unique demands of the aviation and aerospace sectors.
About this institute
Institute Name : The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Beech Avenue
Mode : Offline
The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited is a British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing accredited training school for all methods of aerospace NDT and is recognized as a BINDT-approved outside agency, by the requirements of the UK NANDTB.
ISA NDT is conveniently situated at Norwich International Airport, just a short taxi ride away from Norwich city center, the thriving historical hub of the east.
With over 50 years of combined experience in the aviation and non-destructive testing industry, the School has an enviable reputation with practical and theoretical testing techniques. Consequently, we travel all over the world to train and certify students and attract students from all over the world to our premises in the UK.
With our purpose-built 200kV Radiographic and Isotope Exposure Room, automatic film processing facilities, and laboratories utilizing state-of-the-art equipment supplied by leading manufacturers, we make it our priority to offer students hands-on experience with the latest NDT equipment.
Classrooms come equipped with computer and WiFi access, as well as air-conditioning to ensure a comfortable learning atmosphere for all our students.
Light lunches are available in our student lounge, or nearby pubs and cafes. As a service to our customers we offer corporate-rated accommodation, from guest houses to 5 Star Hotels, The accommodation suppliers list is available on request.
“Our aim at ISA is to make learning as enjoyable as possible; student welfare is therefore always of the highest priority.”