Total Focusing Method (TFM) Level 2
What will I learn
Welcome to the Total Focusing Method (TFM) Level 2 advanced course, designed by ASME Section V and 2020 SNT-TC-1A. This course aims to provide theoretical knowledge and hands-on training using the latest equipment for TFM.
The course syllabus covers the following topics:
• Overview of PAUT and FMC data collection
• Beam forming and resolution
• Amplitude fidelity, interface/dead zones, and calibration
• Sensitivity correction
• Corrosion mapping
• FMC characteristics (direct modes and bi-modal techniques)
• Plane Wave Imaging (PWI)
• Understanding the various modes used in TFM and the benefits of enhanced detection, characterization, and sizing
• Inspection of vertically angled joint faces
• Evaluation and examination including display settings, flaw characterization, flaw dimensioning, and software tools
• Weld and corrosion examinations including single V and double V welds
• Practical use of TFM phased array applications for austenitic stainless-steel and ferritic steel weld inspection
• Hands-on practical testing on a wide range of samples using the latest technology equipment, such as the M2M GEKKO and the Omniscan X3.
The Level 2 advanced course will be 80 hours long, consisting of 9 days of training and 1 day for examination. The course will cover both the theory and practical aspects of TFM.
To be eligible for this course, candidates must hold UT Level 2 Welds PCN or SNT certification. It is recommended that candidates have an understanding of PAUT.
Enroll in this TFM Level 2 advanced course to expand your knowledge and enhance your skills in TFM testing.
Registration Link :
About this institute
Institute Name : Lavender International
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : UK office – Penistone
Mode : Hybrid
Lavender International NDT Consultancy Services Ltd is a leading provider of NDT training, examinations, and level 3 consultancy services to clients across various industries such as Aerospace, Renewables, Automotive, and Oil and Gas worldwide. We are accredited by major NDT organizations and provide training and examination programs that comply with internationally recognized central and employer-based certification schemes. Our training centers are located in Penistone, Sheffield, the AMP Technology Centre in Rotherham, and Houston, Texas, USA. We also provide on-site training globally and support programs in Greece, South Africa, Canada, and the UK.
Lavender International has been an employee-owned business since 2015, and this means that each of our employees is a co-owner and is equally motivated to ensure that the students we train have the best experience, and the companies we work with have optimum support. Our employees are committed to delivering quality services that are flexible and reliable. We take pride in our core values of Quality, Flexibility, and Trust, which underpin everything we do, and set us apart as a leading provider of NDT services. Our unique approach is often referred to as "The Lavender Way."
Our courses cover a wide range of NDT methods, including Introduction to NDT, Visual Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Phased Array Testing, Time of Flight Diffraction, Radiographic Testing, Advanced Radiography, Eddy Current Testing, Weld Inspector, High-Temperature Hydrogen Attack, Material Evaluation, and Correspondence Courses.
For more information, please contact us at our UK office at 01226 765769 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For our US clients, please email email@example.com or call us at (1) 281-984-7023.