Radiographic Testing (Weld) - Level II
What will I learn
The Radiographic Testing (RT) Level II course is designed for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) personnel who perform practical inspections using radioactive materials or radiation-emitting devices. While the radiographic interpretation course focuses solely on interpreting radiographic images, both courses cover the same general theory syllabus to ensure a comprehensive understanding of image formation, sensitivity, and correct techniques.
The RT Level II course covers a wide range of topics to enhance participants' knowledge and skills in radiographic testing. The course content includes:
- Basic radiation safety
- Properties of X-ray and Gamma rays
- Atomic structures
- Generation of X-rays
- Natural and artificial gamma radiation sources
- Gamma-ray equipment
- Radiographic film
- Intensifying screens, exposure charts, calculations
- Techniques for welding and/or casting radiography
- Darkroom procedures
- Radiographic quality
- Interpretation of radiographs
- Preparation of written instructions/radiographic techniques
- Specifications and procedures
- Practical exercises
Responsibilities of Certified Level II:
An individual certified at the Radiographic Testing Level II has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level II personnel may be authorized by their employer to:
- Select the appropriate Radiographic Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of the application for the chosen testing method
- Translate Radiographic Testing codes, standards, specifications, and procedures into adapted Radiographic Testing instructions for the specific working conditions
- Set up and verify Radiographic Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Radiographic tests
- Interpret and evaluate results in accordance with applicable standards, codes, specifications, or procedures
- Prepare written Radiographic Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level II
- Provide guidance to personnel at or below Level II
- Report the results of Radiographic tests accurately
Training & Exam Duration:
Radiographic Testing- Welds:
- PCN RT L2 (for candidates who already hold Level I): Training Duration - 80 Hrs
- PCN RT L2 (for candidates seeking direct Level II without prior Level I): Training Duration - 120 Hrs
- SNT-TC-1A Training: Training Duration - 80 Hrs
Radiographic Testing- Castings:
PCN RT L2 (for candidates who already hold Level I): Training Duration - 80 Hrs
PCN RT L2 (for candidates seeking direct Level II with prior Level I): Training Duration - 120 Hrs
Work Experience Requirement:
- For candidates who already hold Level I certification in Radiographic Testing, a minimum of 9 months of supervised work experience is required to obtain PCN Level II certification in RT.
- For candidates seeking direct Level II certification without prior Level I certification, a minimum of 12 months of supervised work experience is required to obtain PCN Level II certification in RT.
- Note: All students who wish to perform radiography must possess a valid Basic Radiation Safety (BRS) certificate. This certificate can be included as part of any RT course.
- *Work experience is measured in months based on a nominal 40-hour workweek or the legal week of work.
About this institute
Institute Name : WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC.
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dubai
Mode : Online
WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC is a leading provider of training and certification in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Established in Dubai, UAE in 2014, we are an approved institution by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and offer NDT Level I, II, and III training services in line with the PCN Scheme and ISO 9712.
Our Certification Body, the British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT), is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS). As an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) and Authorized Qualification Body (AQB), we conduct PCN Level 1, 2, and 3 NDT Certification programs.
Furthermore, we hold certification from URS for operating a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ensuring the provision of quality training and examination of NDT Personnel.
In addition to our NDT training, we also offer a Radiation Safety Training course that fulfills the requirements set forth by esteemed authorities such as the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR - REG - 24), RG 006, RG 007, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA - SSG46), and Pub 20.
At WENS, we are committed to delivering comprehensive and high-quality training services. Our expert instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide a conducive learning environment to help individuals gain essential NDT skills and knowledge.
Choose WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC for excellence in NDT training and certification. Join us to unlock your potential and embark on a rewarding career journey in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.