Radiographic Testing (Weld) - Level I
What will I learn
The Radiographic Testing (RT) Level I course is designed to provide training to Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) personnel who will be performing practical inspections using radioactive materials or radiation-emitting devices. This course focuses on the execution of radiographic inspections, while a separate radiographic interpretation course is available for those interested in interpreting radiographic images. However, both courses cover the same general theory syllabus to ensure a comprehensive understanding of image formation, sensitivity, and correct techniques.
The RT Level I course covers a range of essential topics to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills. The course includes:
- Basic radiation safety
- Properties of X-ray and Gamma rays
- Atomic structures
- Generation of X-rays
- Natural and artificial gamma radiation sources
- Gamma-ray equipment
- Radiographic film
- Intensifying screens, exposure charts, calculations
- Techniques for welding and/or casting radiography
- Darkroom procedures
- Radiographic quality
- Application of written instructions/radiographic techniques
- Specifications and procedures
- Practical exercises
- Note: All students intending to perform radiography must possess a valid Basic Radiation Safety (BRS) certificate. This certificate can be included as part of any RT course.
Responsibilities of Certified Level I:
An individual certified at the Radiographic Testing Level I has demonstrated competence to carry out Radiographic Testing tasks according to written instructions and under the supervision of Level II or Level III personnel. Within the defined scope of their certification, Level I personnel may be authorized by their employer to perform the following tasks in accordance with Radiographic Testing instructions:
- Set up Radiographic Testing equipment
- Perform Radiographic Inspection tests
- Record and classify results of tests based on predefined criteria
- Report the results of Radiographic tests accurately
- Level I certified personnel are not responsible for choosing the test method or technique to be used, nor for interpreting the test results.
Training & Exam Duration:
- The training duration for Radiographic Testing (Welds or Castings) Level I certification is 40 hours. The specific duration may vary depending on the certification scheme and training provider. Candidates can also opt for the SNT-TC-1A training, which has the same duration.
Work Experience Requirement:
- To obtain PCN Level I certification in Radiographic Testing, candidates must have a minimum of 3 months of supervised work experience in the field. The required experience duration is based on a nominal 40-hour workweek or the legal workweek duration.
- Note: Candidates should consult the specific requirements of the certification scheme and contact the training provider for detailed information about the training, examination process, and work experience requirements.
About this institute
Institute Name : WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC.
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dubai
Mode : Online
WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC is a leading provider of training and certification in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Established in Dubai, UAE in 2014, we are an approved institution by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and offer NDT Level I, II, and III training services in line with the PCN Scheme and ISO 9712.
Our Certification Body, the British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT), is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS). As an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) and Authorized Qualification Body (AQB), we conduct PCN Level 1, 2, and 3 NDT Certification programs.
Furthermore, we hold certification from URS for operating a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ensuring the provision of quality training and examination of NDT Personnel.
In addition to our NDT training, we also offer a Radiation Safety Training course that fulfills the requirements set forth by esteemed authorities such as the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR - REG - 24), RG 006, RG 007, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA - SSG46), and Pub 20.
At WENS, we are committed to delivering comprehensive and high-quality training services. Our expert instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide a conducive learning environment to help individuals gain essential NDT skills and knowledge.
Choose WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC for excellence in NDT training and certification. Join us to unlock your potential and embark on a rewarding career journey in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.