Radiographic Testing (RT) Welds/Castings Level 1
What will I learn
Radiographic Testing (RT) Welds/Castings Level 1 Certification Training
Embark on a comprehensive journey into Radiographic Testing with our RT Welds/Castings Level 1 course. This program offers a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical training, providing you with the essential skills to excel in Level 1 examinations. As a PCN-recognized course, it fully satisfies the training hour requirements specified in the relevant PCN documentation.
In addition to PCN recognition, this course is also suitable for employer-based certification schemes such as SNT-TC-1A, EN4179, and NAS410, opening up a range of certification avenues for successful candidates.
- To participate in this course, candidates must be at least 18 years old and meet the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations. We provide TDLs/film badges to all candidates, and arrangements can be made for medicals and TLDs for those who require them.
- Please note that candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements, while those attempting an ASNT/EN4179/NAS410 examination must adhere to their company's written practice requirements.
- Our RT Welds/Castings Level 1 course delves into a wide range of topics essential for radiographic testing proficiency. Through a carefully crafted curriculum, you will explore the following core areas:
- Basic Radiation Safety: Gain a solid foundation in radiation safety practices specific to radiographic testing. Learn about radiation hazards, protective measures, and regulations to ensure the safe handling of radiographic equipment and materials.
- Properties of X-rays and Gamma Rays: Understand the fundamental properties of X-rays and gamma rays, including their generation, behavior, and interaction with matter. Develop insights into their application in radiographic testing.
- Atomic Structures: Explore the structure of atoms and how it relates to the emission and detection of radiation. Deepen your understanding of atomic processes and their significance in radiographic testing.
- Generation of X-rays: Learn about the generation of X-rays and the principles behind X-ray machines. Familiarize yourself with X-ray equipment components, operation, and safety considerations.
- Natural and Artificial Gamma Radiation Sources: Gain knowledge of natural and artificial gamma radiation sources used in radiographic testing. Understand their characteristics, applications, and safety precautions.
- Gamma Ray Equipment: Explore the equipment and tools used for gamma-ray radiographic testing. Learn about the different types of gamma-ray sources, exposure devices, and safety procedures.
- Radiographic Film: Acquire a comprehensive understanding of radiographic film and its role in capturing and displaying radiographic images. Learn about film characteristics, handling techniques, and quality control measures.
- Intensifying Screens, Exposure Charts, Calculations: Dive into the world of intensifying screens and their role in enhancing radiographic images. Explore exposure charts and calculations to optimize radiation exposure and achieve high-quality results.
- Techniques for Weld and/or Casting Radiography: Master radiographic testing techniques specific to welds and/or castings. Learn about positioning, exposure parameters, and interpretation of radiographic images for defect detection and evaluation.
- Darkroom Procedures: Familiarize yourself with darkroom procedures for film processing and image development. Learn about darkroom equipment, chemicals, handling techniques, and quality control measures.
- Radiographic Quality: Understand the principles of radiographic quality and the evaluation of radiographic images. Develop skills in identifying and interpreting indications, assessing image quality, and applying acceptance criteria.
- Application of a Written Instruction/Radiographic Technique: Gain practical experience in applying written instructions and radiographic techniques to execute radiographic testing procedures accurately and consistently.
- Specifications and Procedures: Learn how to interpret welding specifications and procedures to ensure compliance with industry standards and client requirements. Develop proficiency in navigating and understanding welding documentation.
- Practical Exercises: Engage in hands-on practical exercises to apply your theoretical knowledge and hone your radiographic testing skills under the guidance of experienced instructors.
- For students interested in performing radiography, a valid Basic Radiation Safety (BRS) certificate is essential. This certificate can be included as part of any RT course, ensuring that you meet the necessary safety requirements.
Unlock your potential in Radiographic Testing and lay the foundation for a successful career in non-destructive testing. Enroll in our RT Welds/Castings Level 1 course and take the first step towards becoming a skilled and certified radiographic testing professional.
About this institute
Institute Name : IMechE FIFE NDT
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dunfermline, Fife
Mode : Online
IMechE Fife NDT - Your Premier Scottish NDT Training and Consultancy Provider
Welcome to IMechE Fife NDT, a leading institution established in 2021 by The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). With a team comprising highly knowledgeable and experienced professionals spanning diverse methods and industry sectors, we are dedicated to providing exceptional training and consultancy services.
As a trusted Scottish provider of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) training, examinations, and consultancy, we take pride in our comprehensive schedule of NDT training courses designed to meet your professional and legislative requirements.
Our journey began in 2021 with the opening of our state-of-the-art training center in Dunfermline. Situated near the Rosyth dockyard, our modern facility offers excellent local amenities and convenient road and rail transport links. Students benefit from an outstanding learning environment, equipped with the latest equipment and facilities.
At IMechE Fife NDT, we understand the importance of practical industry experience. That's why our training is delivered by a team of expert trainers who possess extensive industrial backgrounds. Their wealth of knowledge ensures that our students receive top-quality instruction and guidance.
Our commitment to meeting your specific needs extends beyond our training center. Through our sister company, IMechE Argyll Ruane, we offer tailored on-site training at your organization. Furthermore, we have established a global network of partner training and examination providers, enabling us to serve clients worldwide.
Whether you are an individual seeking to enhance your NDT skills or an organization in need of consultancy services, IMechE Fife NDT is here to support you. Join us and benefit from our dedication to excellence in NDT training and consultancy.