Radiographic Film Interpretation for NDT Inspectors
What will I learn
Unlock the secrets hidden in radiographic images with our Radiographic Film Interpretation for NDT Inspectors course. Whether you're a novice or an experienced NDT inspector, this Level I/II course is designed to meet the syllabus requirements of ASNT-CP-189, SNT-TC-1A, NAS 410, and PCN.
Day 1: Understanding Exposure and Processing
- Exposure Variables: Dive into practical exercises on exposure and explore how processing variables affect radiographic outcomes.
- Processing Techniques: Learn about developer types, strengths, and thickness, and discover how they influence radiographic results.
- Film and Screens: Explore different types of film and the role of lead screens in radiography.
- Image Definition: Understand geometric sharpness, movement unsharpness, and the impact of film type and salt screens on image clarity.
Day 2: Interpretation and Beyond
- Conditions for Interpretation: Delve into the conditions necessary for accurate interpretation, including visual acuity, radiographic viewing conditions, and equipment like high-intensity illuminators and magnifiers.
- Indications and Artefacts: Learn how to describe indications accurately and distinguish them from false indications caused by film artifacts. Explore artifacts that can occur both before and after processing and their effects on discontinuity indications.
- Certification Opportunities: Upon completing the course, students have the opportunity to participate in approval examinations in Radiographic Film Interpretation at Level I or II, aligning with SNTC-TC-1A, NAS 410, or ASNT-CP-189 standards by their company's written practice.
Enhance your radiographic interpretation skills, gain valuable insights into exposure and processing variables, and improve your ability to assess radiographs effectively. Join us for this comprehensive course and take your NDT career to new heights.
Proper interpretation of radiographic images is crucial for ensuring the safety and integrity of aerospace structures and components. This course equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this critical aspect of non-destructive testing.
About this institute
Institute Name : The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Beech Avenue
Mode : Offline
The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited is a British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing accredited training school for all methods of aerospace NDT and is recognized as a BINDT-approved outside agency, by the requirements of the UK NANDTB.
ISA NDT is conveniently situated at Norwich International Airport, just a short taxi ride away from Norwich city center, the thriving historical hub of the east.
With over 50 years of combined experience in the aviation and non-destructive testing industry, the School has an enviable reputation with practical and theoretical testing techniques. Consequently, we travel all over the world to train and certify students and attract students from all over the world to our premises in the UK.
With our purpose-built 200kV Radiographic and Isotope Exposure Room, automatic film processing facilities, and laboratories utilizing state-of-the-art equipment supplied by leading manufacturers, we make it our priority to offer students hands-on experience with the latest NDT equipment.
Classrooms come equipped with computer and WiFi access, as well as air-conditioning to ensure a comfortable learning atmosphere for all our students.
Light lunches are available in our student lounge, or nearby pubs and cafes. As a service to our customers we offer corporate-rated accommodation, from guest houses to 5 Star Hotels, The accommodation suppliers list is available on request.
“Our aim at ISA is to make learning as enjoyable as possible; student welfare is therefore always of the highest priority.”