Radiation Safety - Xray
What will I learn
This course is designed to provide participants with a fundamental understanding of radiation principles and safety regulations specifically related to X-rays. It offers comprehensive knowledge about the properties of radiation, its interactions, biological effects, and methods for measuring radiation exposure. Additionally, the course covers the production and characteristics of X-rays, radiation protection legislation, control of radiation hazards, and quality control measures.
Module 1: Properties of Radiation
- Explore the nature and characteristics of radiation.
Module 2: Interactions of Radiation
- Understand how radiation interacts with matter.
Module 3: Biological Effects of Radiation
- Examine the impact of radiation on living organisms.
Module 4: Background Radiation and Measurement of Radiation
- Learn about naturally occurring radiation and techniques for measuring radiation levels.
Module 5: Production and Characteristics of X-rays
- Gain insights into X-ray generation and the properties of X-rays.
Module 6: Radiation Protection Legislation (ON Reg 861/90)
- Navigate the specific regulations governing radiation protection.
Module 7: Control of Radiation Hazards
- Understand methods and protocols for controlling radiation hazards.
Module 8: Quality Control
- Explore procedures for ensuring the quality and safety of radiation-related processes.
This course equips participants with essential knowledge regarding radiation principles and safety regulations as they pertain to X-ray applications. Whether you are entering a profession that involves X-ray technology or seeking to enhance your understanding of radiation safety in this context, this course is a valuable resource.
About this institute
Institute Name : Canadian Institute for Non-destructive Evaluation
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Hamilton, ON
Mode : Online
The Canadian Institute for Non-Destructive Evaluation (CINDE) was formed in 2001 from the merger of The Canadian Society for Nondestructive Testing (CSNDT) and the NDE Institute of Canada. It is Canada’s non-profit, member-based, technical society dedicated to the people and companies engaged in the business of non-destructive evaluation (NDE), non-destructive testing (NDT), and inspection. CINDE offers world-class NDT training, is a government-approved full-service certification examination center, and offers many member services including an internationally recognized conference and chapter events.