Penetrant Inspection of Aerospace Structures and Components
What will I learn
Are you seeking formal training and qualification in the field of Penetrant Inspection for aerospace structures and components? Look no further. Our comprehensive level I/II course is designed to meet the syllabus requirements of ASNT-CP-189, SNT-TC-1A, NAS 410, BS EN 4179, and PCN.
- Suitability: This course is ideal for engineering inspectors at all experience levels, offering a formal training program and qualification in Penetrant Inspection tailored to the aerospace sector.
- Theory and Practical: Our training program strikes a perfect balance, with 50% theory and 50% practical application. You'll gain a solid foundation in this NDT method, with hands-on experience guided by qualified instructors who utilize the latest chemicals and techniques.
Our course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Principles of liquid penetrant inspection operation.
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of this method.
- Types of penetrants and their specific uses.
- Compatibility and sensitivity considerations.
- Manual inspection procedures.
- In-depth exploration of various penetrants, emulsifiers/removers, and developers.
- Interpretation of indications, distinguishing between relevant and non-relevant findings.
- Penetrant line systems and quality control measures.
- Preparation of techniques and report writing procedures, with a focus on interpreting relevant specifications.
Throughout the course, students undergo continuous assessment through homework assignments, progress tests, and theoretical and practical examinations at the end of the training.
Upon completing the course, students have the opportunity to take approval examinations in Penetrant Inspection at Level I, II, or Level III. These examinations align with industry standards such as SNT-TC-1A, NAS 410, or BS EN 4179, by their company's written practice.
Level III Services:
The International School of Aerospace NDT also offers Level III services as defined in the aforementioned industry documents, serving as an outside agency for your aerospace inspection needs.
Join us to receive comprehensive training in Penetrant Inspection tailored to the aerospace sector. Whether you're starting your journey in NDT or looking to enhance your skills, our course provides the knowledge and practical experience you need for success.
About this institute
Institute Name : The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Beech Avenue
Mode : Offline
The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited is a British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing accredited training school for all methods of aerospace NDT and is recognized as a BINDT-approved outside agency, by the requirements of the UK NANDTB.
ISA NDT is conveniently situated at Norwich International Airport, just a short taxi ride away from Norwich city center, the thriving historical hub of the east.
With over 50 years of combined experience in the aviation and non-destructive testing industry, the School has an enviable reputation with practical and theoretical testing techniques. Consequently, we travel all over the world to train and certify students and attract students from all over the world to our premises in the UK.
With our purpose-built 200kV Radiographic and Isotope Exposure Room, automatic film processing facilities, and laboratories utilizing state-of-the-art equipment supplied by leading manufacturers, we make it our priority to offer students hands-on experience with the latest NDT equipment.
Classrooms come equipped with computer and WiFi access, as well as air-conditioning to ensure a comfortable learning atmosphere for all our students.
Light lunches are available in our student lounge, or nearby pubs and cafes. As a service to our customers we offer corporate-rated accommodation, from guest houses to 5 Star Hotels, The accommodation suppliers list is available on request.
“Our aim at ISA is to make learning as enjoyable as possible; student welfare is therefore always of the highest priority.”