Overview of NDT
What will I learn
Explore the World of NDT with our Comprehensive Introduction to Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) course. Designed for managers, NDT supervisors, and anyone seeking a fundamental understanding of NDT, this course covers a wide range of inspection methods and the associated approval systems in a concise yet comprehensive manner.
Penetrant Inspection (5 hours):
- Principles Unveiled: Delve into the principles of liquid penetrant inspection.
- Pros and Cons: Understand the advantages and disadvantages of this method.
- Penetrants at Your Service: Learn about the types of penetrants available and their practical uses.
- Compatibility and Sensitivity: Explore compatibility issues and sensitivity in penetrant inspections.
- Manual Developers: Study the manual developer process.
- Penetrant Varieties: Familiarize yourself with various penetrants, emulsifiers/removers, and developers.
- Interpretation Skills: Master the interpretation of indications, distinguishing between relevant and non-relevant findings.
- Quality Control: Get insights into penetrant line systems and quality control practices.
Magnetic Particle Inspection (5 hours):
- Principles Explored: Explore the fundamental principles of magnetic particle inspection.
- Strengths and Limits: Understand the advantages and limitations of this inspection method.
- Safety First: Prioritize safety precautions and surface preparation.
- Magnetic Magic: Delve into the principles of magnetism and flux leakage fields.
- Electrical Insights: Grasp basic electrical principles and waveforms.
- Magnetization Methods: Learn about different magnetization methods and their operational sequences.
- Equipment Overview: Get acquainted with types of magnetizing equipment.
- Detection Tools: Understand detection media and flux field indicators.
- Interpretation Mastery: Hone your skills in interpreting and recording indications.
- Demagnetization and Control Checks: Explore the demagnetization process and equipment control checks.
Eddy Current Inspection (10 hours):
- Electrical Basics: Start with the basic principles of electricity.
- Eddy Current Generation: Dive into the generation of eddy currents and electromagnetic induction.
- Influence Factors: Explore variables affecting eddy currents.
- Equipment Varieties: Get to know different types of test equipment, including high and low-frequency options.
- Calibration Blocks: Study types of calibration blocks.
- Probe Proficiency: Familiarize yourself with various probes, coils, and coil arrangements.
- Practical Application: Gain hands-on experience with eddy current inspection.
- AC Theory: Apply Ohm’s Law to simple and complex circuits in AC theory.
- Phase Analysis: Learn about basic eddy current test circuits and phase analysis.
- Impedance Plane Analysis: Dive into the theory of impedance plane analysis.
- Interpretation Excellence: Master the interpretation of relevant and non-relevant indications.
Ultrasonic Inspection (10 hours):
- Introduction to Ultrasonics: Begin with an introduction to ultrasonics and the nature of sound transmission.
- Transducer Technology: Explore methods of generating and receiving ultrasonic energy and types of transducers.
- Energy Modes: Understand modes of travel for ultrasonic energy in materials.
- Equipment Insights: Familiarize yourself with the main components of ultrasonic test equipment.
- Data Display: Learn about different ways of displaying ultrasonic information.
Radiographic Inspection (10 hours):
- Safety Measures: Gain insights into relevant safety procedures, including the use of badges/TLDs and dose rate meters.
- Understanding Radiation: Delve into dose limits and properties of radiation.
- Radiographic Principles: Explore the principles of radiographic inspection and radiation sources.
- Film Fundamentals: Learn about types of film, their structure, and methods of packing industrial x-ray film.
- Darkroom Expertise: Study darkroom procedures, including equipment checks.
- Chemical Knowledge: Understand the purpose and use of individual chemicals.
- Processing Proficiency: Master methods of manual and automatic processing.
- Handling Challenges: Identify handling and processing faults.
- Film Characterization: Explore the production and uses of film characteristic curves and exposure charts.
- Exposure Calculation: Calculate exposure and correction procedures.
- X-ray Equipment: Study x-ray production and the construction of various types of equipment.
- Factors in Focus: Analyze factors affecting both exposure and sensitivity.
- Radiation Effects: Understand the physiological effects of radiation and associated safety procedures.
- Radioactive Isotopes: Get acquainted with radioactive isotopes, safety of operation, and exposure calculations.
By the end of this comprehensive course, you'll have a well-rounded understanding of various NDT methods, their principles, and practical applications. Whether you're a manager, supervisor, or newcomer to NDT, this course will equip you with valuable insights into the world of Non-Destructive Testing.
About this institute
Institute Name : The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Beech Avenue
Mode : Offline
The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited is a British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing accredited training school for all methods of aerospace NDT and is recognized as a BINDT-approved outside agency, by the requirements of the UK NANDTB.
ISA NDT is conveniently situated at Norwich International Airport, just a short taxi ride away from Norwich city center, the thriving historical hub of the east.
With over 50 years of combined experience in the aviation and non-destructive testing industry, the School has an enviable reputation with practical and theoretical testing techniques. Consequently, we travel all over the world to train and certify students and attract students from all over the world to our premises in the UK.
With our purpose-built 200kV Radiographic and Isotope Exposure Room, automatic film processing facilities, and laboratories utilizing state-of-the-art equipment supplied by leading manufacturers, we make it our priority to offer students hands-on experience with the latest NDT equipment.
Classrooms come equipped with computer and WiFi access, as well as air-conditioning to ensure a comfortable learning atmosphere for all our students.
Light lunches are available in our student lounge, or nearby pubs and cafes. As a service to our customers we offer corporate-rated accommodation, from guest houses to 5 Star Hotels, The accommodation suppliers list is available on request.
“Our aim at ISA is to make learning as enjoyable as possible; student welfare is therefore always of the highest priority.”