Magnetic Particle Level I/II
What will I learn
Image credit @static.wixstatic
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT or MPI)
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT or MPI) is a widely used Conventional Testing Method that plays a crucial role in the inspection and evaluation of components and parts. By magnetizing the component under inspection, this non-destructive testing (NDT) technique helps detect surface and near-surface defects, ensuring the integrity and reliability of critical materials.
Course Outline - Magnetic Particle Level I/II
NDT Method Descriptions:
- Understand the fundamentals and principles of non-destructive testing methods.
- Introduction to the importance of surface testing methods in various industries.
Introduction to the SCIENCE of Magnetism:
- Explore the principles of magnetism and its applications in magnetic particle testing.
- Gain insights into the behavior of magnetic fields and their interaction with materials.
Your MAIN STUDY GUIDES - (Lessons 1-6):
- Comprehensive study materials covering the essential aspects of magnetic particle testing.
Types and the Sources of Most Defects:
- Identify common types of defects encountered in materials and their sources.
- Learn how to effectively detect and evaluate defects using magnetic particle testing.
Testing Materials & the NDT Methods Used:
- Understand the characteristics of different materials and their suitability for NDT.
- Explore the various non-destructive testing methods and their specific applications.
Glossary of Terms for Magnetic Particles:
- Familiarize yourself with key terminologies and definitions used in magnetic particle testing.
Quick Study for Material/Processes:
- Efficiently review materials and processes relevant to magnetic particle testing.
- Learn about different corrosion types and their implications in material inspections.
Specifications and Procedures (MPI Level I/II):
- Comprehend the importance of adhering to specifications and procedures in MPI.
- Follow industry standards for accurate and reliable magnetic particle testing.
Articles – Relative Materials:
- Gain insights from real-world articles discussing magnetic particle testing on various materials.
MPI (an introduction Slideshow):
- An introductory slideshow providing an overview of magnetic particle testing.
The 6 NDT Methods (an introduction slideshow):
- An overview of the six major non-destructive testing methods, including magnetic particle testing.
ASNT MPI-Reference & Tips:
- Refer to the ASNT guidelines and tips for magnetic particle testing.
Simple Algebra Rules and Basic Trigonometry:
- Refresh your knowledge of algebraic rules and basic trigonometric concepts used in MPI.
The visual ID of Steels:
- Develop skills for visually identifying different types of steels in MPI inspections.
Level I Study Review (PowerPoint Presentation):
- Review key concepts and topics covered in Level I magnetic particle testing.
Level II Study Review (PowerPoint Presentation):
- Review advanced concepts and topics covered in Level II magnetic particle testing.
L/D Formulas and AC Yoke Demo:
- Learn about L/D formulas and experience a demonstration of the AC yoke technique.
Good Practice and Testing Points:
- Emphasize the importance of good practices and essential testing points in magnetic particle testing.
In this comprehensive Magnetic Particle Level I/II course, you will gain the knowledge and practical skills needed to perform magnetic particle testing effectively, ensuring the safety and reliability of critical components and structures. Our experienced instructors and hands-on training approach will equip you to excel in this essential non-destructive testing technique.
About this institute
Institute Name : Worldspec
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : LA PORTE, TX
Mode : Online
Are you interested in pursuing a career in inspecting metallic structures, such as cranes, oil pipelines, airplanes, and buildings? NDT Training is essential for individuals aspiring to enter this field. Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a comprehensive method used to examine materials and components without altering or compromising their usefulness. It allows for the detection, sizing, and location of surface and subsurface flaws and defects.
NDT plays a pivotal role in ensuring everyday safety and reliability. From aircraft and spacecraft to motor vehicles, pipelines, bridges, trains, power stations, refineries, buildings, and oil platforms, NDT is used to inspect and maintain critical infrastructure. As a quality assurance management tool, NDT delivers impressive results when applied correctly. It requires a deep understanding of various methods, their capabilities, limitations, and knowledge of relevant standards and specifications for conducting tests.
Defects that go undetected in materials, products, and equipment can lead to costly repairs or premature replacement. Moreover, they can pose safety hazards, result in catastrophic failures, and cause revenue loss due to unplanned plant shutdowns.
NDT techniques can be applied at every stage of an item's construction. Materials and welds can be thoroughly examined using NDT, allowing for acceptance, rejection, or repair. Additionally, NDT can be utilized to monitor the integrity of an item or structure throughout its design life, ensuring long-term reliability and safety.
At our institute, we provide comprehensive NDT training that equips individuals with the skills and knowledge required to excel in the field. Our courses cover a wide range of NDT methods, industry standards, and practical applications. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced professional seeking to enhance your skills, our training programs offer valuable insights and hands-on experience.
Join us and embark on a rewarding career path where you can contribute to the safety and reliability of critical infrastructure. Contact us today to learn more about our NDT training programs and start your journey toward becoming an NDT expert.