Liquid Penetrant Testing - Level II
What will I learn
Liquid Penetrant Testing - Level II
Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) is a widely used nondestructive testing method for detecting surface discontinuities in materials. This method involves applying a liquid dye to the surface of a material, allowing it to dwell for a specific period, and then removing the excess dye. The retained dye in surface discontinuities is drawn back onto the surface by applying a developer, forming visible indications. These indications are interpreted by qualified personnel to assess the presence and characteristics of defects. PT is effective for most non-absorbent materials and can utilize either visible or fluorescent dyes.
The Liquid Penetrant Testing Level II course builds upon the foundational knowledge of Level I and covers advanced topics to enhance proficiency in PT. The course content includes:
- Introduction to the penetrant method
- Principles of penetrant inspection
- Penetrant inspection equipment
- Performance Checking
- Defect detection and evaluation
- Production of written techniques
- Penetrant techniques
- Relevant standards and specifications
- PCN documentation
- Extensive practical exercises
- Product Technology
Responsibilities of Certified Level II:
Individuals certified to Penetrant Testing Level II have demonstrated competence to perform PT according to NDT procedures. Level II personnel, within the defined scope of their certificate, may be authorized by their employer to:
- Select the Penetrant Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of the application of the testing method
- Translate Penetrant Testing codes, standards, specifications, and procedures into Penetrant Testing instructions adapted to actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Penetrant Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Penetrant tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications, or procedures
- Prepare written Penetrant Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level II
- Guide personnel at or below Level II
- Report the results of Penetrant tests
Training & Exam Duration:
- Liquid Penetrant Testing - Level II training typically requires 24 hours of instruction. For candidates without prior Level, I certification, a comprehensive training duration of 40 hours is recommended to ensure a thorough understanding of the principles and practices.
- SNT-TC-1A training for 24 hours is also advised to enhance knowledge and compliance with industry standards.
Work Experience Requirement:
- To qualify for PCN Level II certification in PT, candidates must complete a minimum of 3 months of supervised work experience in PT if they already hold Level I certification. For candidates who seek direct Level II certification without prior Level I, a work experience period of 4 months is required. This requirement ensures practical exposure to PT techniques, procedures, and responsibilities under the guidance of experienced personnel.
- Note: The Liquid Penetrant Testing Level II course equips individuals with the necessary expertise to conduct and supervise PT inspections effectively. This certification enables personnel to contribute to the accurate detection, evaluation, and reporting of surface discontinuities, ensuring the integrity and quality of various components and structures.
About this institute
Institute Name : WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC.
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dubai
Mode : Online
WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC is a leading provider of training and certification in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Established in Dubai, UAE in 2014, we are an approved institution by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and offer NDT Level I, II, and III training services in line with the PCN Scheme and ISO 9712.
Our Certification Body, the British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT), is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS). As an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) and Authorized Qualification Body (AQB), we conduct PCN Level 1, 2, and 3 NDT Certification programs.
Furthermore, we hold certification from URS for operating a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ensuring the provision of quality training and examination of NDT Personnel.
In addition to our NDT training, we also offer a Radiation Safety Training course that fulfills the requirements set forth by esteemed authorities such as the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR - REG - 24), RG 006, RG 007, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA - SSG46), and Pub 20.
At WENS, we are committed to delivering comprehensive and high-quality training services. Our expert instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide a conducive learning environment to help individuals gain essential NDT skills and knowledge.
Choose WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC for excellence in NDT training and certification. Join us to unlock your potential and embark on a rewarding career journey in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.