Liquid Penetrant Testing - Level I
What will I learn
Liquid Penetrant Testing - Level I
Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) is a widely used method for detecting surface discontinuities in materials. This method involves applying a liquid dye to the surface of a material and allowing it to dwell for a specific period. The dye can be a visible color or a fluorescent color that requires special lighting conditions for effective visibility. Through capillary action, the liquid dye enters discontinuities that are open to the surface of the material. After excess dye removal, a developer is applied to the surface, causing the trapped dye in discontinuities to be drawn back onto the surface, forming indications. These indications are then interpreted by qualified personnel. PT is suitable for most non-absorbent materials.
The Liquid Penetrant Testing Level I course covers a comprehensive range of topics to provide a solid foundation in PT principles and practices. The course content includes:
- Penetrant testing terminology
- Introduction to the penetrant method
- Principles of penetrant inspection
- Penetrant inspection equipment
- Performance Checking
- Defect detection and evaluation
- Penetrant techniques
- Relevant standards and health and safety considerations
- PCN documentation
- Product Technology
- Extensive practical exercises
Responsibilities of Certified Level I:
Individuals certified to Penetrant Testing Level I have demonstrated competence to perform PT according to written instructions and under the supervision of Level 2 or Level 3 personnel. Level I personnel, within the defined scope of their certificate, may be authorized by their employer to:
- Set up Penetrant Testing equipment
- Perform Penetrant Inspection tests
- Record and classify results of tests according to written criteria
- Report the results of Penetrant tests
- Level I certified personnel are not responsible for choosing the test method or technique to be used, nor for interpreting the test results.
Training & Exam Duration:
Liquid Penetrant Testing - Level I training typically requires 16 hours of instruction. Additionally, SNT-TC-1A training for 8 hours is recommended to enhance understanding and compliance with industry standards.
Work Experience Requirement:
- To qualify for PCN Level I certification in PT, candidates must complete a minimum of 1 month of supervised work experience in PT. This requirement ensures practical exposure to PT techniques and procedures under the guidance of experienced personnel.
- Note: The Liquid Penetrant Testing Level I course equips individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively carry out PT inspections. This certification enables personnel to contribute to the detection and evaluation of surface discontinuities in materials, ensuring the integrity and safety of various components and structures.
About this institute
Institute Name : WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC.
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Dubai
Mode : Online
WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC is a leading provider of training and certification in the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Established in Dubai, UAE in 2014, we are an approved institution by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and offer NDT Level I, II, and III training services in line with the PCN Scheme and ISO 9712.
Our Certification Body, the British Institute of Non-destructive Testing (BINDT), is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Services (UKAS). As an Authorized Training Organization (ATO) and Authorized Qualification Body (AQB), we conduct PCN Level 1, 2, and 3 NDT Certification programs.
Furthermore, we hold certification from URS for operating a Quality Management System that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ensuring the provision of quality training and examination of NDT Personnel.
In addition to our NDT training, we also offer a Radiation Safety Training course that fulfills the requirements set forth by esteemed authorities such as the Federal Authority for Nuclear Regulations (FANR - REG - 24), RG 006, RG 007, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA - SSG46), and Pub 20.
At WENS, we are committed to delivering comprehensive and high-quality training services. Our expert instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide a conducive learning environment to help individuals gain essential NDT skills and knowledge.
Choose WENS Technical & Occupational Skills Training LLC for excellence in NDT training and certification. Join us to unlock your potential and embark on a rewarding career journey in the field of Non-Destructive Testing.