Infrared Thermographic Inspection of Aerospace Structures and Components
What will I learn
Are you looking to formalize your expertise in Infrared Thermographic Inspection (IRTI) for aerospace structures and components? Our Level I/II course is meticulously crafted to meet the stringent syllabus requirements of ASNT-CP-189, SNT-TC-1A, NAS 410, BS EN 4179, and PCN. It caters to engineering inspectors of all experience levels who seek formal training and qualifications in this field.
- Theory and Practical: This comprehensive 80-hour (10-day) training program offers a well-balanced curriculum, dedicating 50% of the course to theory and 50% to hands-on practical application. You'll gain both a deep understanding of the subject and valuable practical experience.
- Expert Guidance: Practice a diverse array of inspection techniques under the expert supervision of qualified instructors, utilizing state-of-the-art inspection equipment.
Our course encompasses a wide spectrum of topics, including:
- Basic principles of electricity.
- Principles of infrared thermography.
- Infrared radiation and its properties.
- Types of infrared cameras and equipment.
- Surface preparation and safety precautions.
- Image interpretation and analysis.
- Thermal patterns and anomalies in aerospace structures and components.
- Calibration methods and techniques.
- Recording and reporting of inspection findings, with an emphasis on interpreting specifications accurately.
Throughout the course, students undergo continuous assessment, including homework assignments, progress tests, and both theoretical and practical end-of-course examinations.
Upon successful completion of the course, students have the opportunity to take approval examinations in Infrared Thermographic Inspection at Level I, II, or Level III. These examinations align with industry standards such as SNT-TC-1A, NAS 410, or BS EN 4179, following their respective company's written practice.
Level III Services:
Furthermore, The International School of Aerospace NDT extends its services as a Level III agency, as defined in the industry documents mentioned above. We provide expert inspection services for aerospace applications.
Prepare yourself for a rewarding career in Infrared Thermographic Inspection of aerospace structures and components. Whether you're entering the field or seeking to enhance your existing skills, our course equips you with both the knowledge and practical capabilities needed to excel in this critical domain.
About this institute
Institute Name : The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Beech Avenue
Mode : Online
The International School of Aerospace NDT Limited is a British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing accredited training school for all methods of aerospace NDT and is recognized as a BINDT-approved outside agency, by the requirements of the UK NANDTB.
ISA NDT is conveniently situated at Norwich International Airport, just a short taxi ride away from Norwich city center, the thriving historical hub of the east.
With over 50 years of combined experience in the aviation and non-destructive testing industry, the School has an enviable reputation with practical and theoretical testing techniques. Consequently, we travel all over the world to train and certify students and attract students from all over the world to our premises in the UK.
With our purpose-built 200kV Radiographic and Isotope Exposure Room, automatic film processing facilities, and laboratories utilizing state-of-the-art equipment supplied by leading manufacturers, we make it our priority to offer students hands-on experience with the latest NDT equipment.
Classrooms come equipped with computer and WiFi access, as well as air-conditioning to ensure a comfortable learning atmosphere for all our students.
Light lunches are available in our student lounge, or nearby pubs and cafes. As a service to our customers we offer corporate-rated accommodation, from guest houses to 5 Star Hotels, The accommodation suppliers list is available on request.
“Our aim at ISA is to make learning as enjoyable as possible; student welfare is therefore always of the highest priority.”