Eddy Current Testing Level I
What will I learn
Eddy Current Testing for Nondestructive Inspection
Eddy-current testing (ET) is a widely used electromagnetic testing method in nondestructive testing (NDT) that harnesses electromagnetic induction to detect and characterize surface and sub-surface flaws in conductive materials. This comprehensive classroom training program provides students with the necessary qualifications and certifications to perform Eddy Current Testing effectively. The course covers various aspects of Eddy Current inspection, including basic principles, equipment, test techniques, and more. Through a combination of classroom instruction and practical application, students will develop a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles of Eddy Current Testing.
Eddy Current Level I (ET) is designed to meet the 40-hour classroom training requirements outlined in SNT-TC-1A and CP-189. The curriculum encompasses the body of knowledge specified in CP-105, ensuring comprehensive coverage of essential topics. Additionally, hands-on training is incorporated to provide students with practical experience.
Eddy Current Testing Level I Classroom Training Outline:
- 1.0 Introduction to ET
- 1.1 History of Eddy Current Testing
- 1.2 Training and Certification Requirements
- 2.0 Electromagnetic Theory
- Exploration of the underlying electromagnetic principles governing Eddy Current Testing.
- 3.0 Laboratory Demonstration
- 3.1 Generation of Z-curves with conductivity samples
- 3.2 Generation of liftoff curves
- 4.0 Types of Eddy Current Sensing Elements
- 4.1 Probes: Overview of different probe types used in Eddy Current Testing
- 4.2 Factors Affecting Choice of Sensing Elements: Considerations for selecting the appropriate sensing elements based on inspection requirements.
- 5.0 Selection of Inspection Parameters
- Techniques for determining and optimizing inspection parameters to achieve accurate and reliable results.
- 6.0 Readout Mechanisms
- 6.1 Calibrated or Uncalibrated Meters: Understanding the use of calibrated and uncalibrated meters for readout.
- 6.2 Impedance Plane Displays: Introduction to impedance plane displays and their interpretation.
- 6.3 Data Recording Systems: Overview of data recording systems for documentation purposes.
- 6.4 Alarms, Lights, etc.: Understanding the role of alarms, lights, and other indicators in Eddy Current Testing.
- 6.5 Numerical Readouts: Techniques for interpreting and utilizing numerical readouts in Eddy Current Testing.
- 6.6 Marking Systems: Overview of marking systems used in conjunction with Eddy Current Testing.
- 6.7 Sorting Gates and Tables: Introduction to sorting gates and tables for efficient evaluation of inspection results.
- 6.8 Cutoff Saw or Shears: Understanding the use of cutoff saws or shears in Eddy Current Testing Processes.
- 6.9 Automation and Feedback: Exploration of automation and feedback mechanisms for enhanced inspection capabilities.
Enroll in this Eddy Current Testing course to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge required for a successful career in nondestructive inspection. Gain a comprehensive understanding of Eddy Current Testing principles and techniques, ensuring accurate flaw detection and evaluation by industry standards and specifications.
About this institute
Institute Name : Advanced NDT and Consulting
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Tulsa, OK
Mode : Online
At Advanced NDT and Consulting, we have a singular mission: to redefine industry standards by delivering exceptional quality services and products that surpass expectations. With unwavering commitment and innovative thinking, we strive to shape the future of our industry. While many larger companies prioritize profit margins, we remain steadfast in our dedication to the quality of work we provide.
Our goals are straightforward: we aim to restore the unwavering faith and trust that once characterized the field of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). Through our efforts, we aspire to bring back the days when clients were true partners, rather than mere purchase orders. We want to foster a collaborative environment where our clients can rely on us as trusted allies.
To ensure the highest caliber of technicians, Advanced NDT and Consulting has implemented a comprehensive training process. Our Quality Management System (QMS) outlines strict guidelines for the qualification and certification of all technicians. By prioritizing the well-being and development of our employees, we ensure that our service embodies the principles we hold dear.
At Advanced NDT and Consulting, we are driven by a passion for excellence. We believe that by raising the bar and setting new standards, we can revolutionize the NDT industry. Through our unwavering commitment to quality, integrity, and continuous improvement, we aim to exceed client expectations and leave a lasting impact on the field of Non-Destructive Testing.