Structural & Weld Testing Services Ltd is a family-run business that offers a personal touch to all our clients no matter how big or small. Our expertise, experience, and willingness to help with sound advice have seen us approached by main contractors and international businesses. Structural and Weld Testing Services Ltd are pleased to offer you the complete Weld Consultancy service, from advice on your welding projects right through to the final inspection of your completed welds. We consistently cover weld testing (NDT), welder training and approvals, welding procedure approvals, and responsible welding coordinator services in Kent, London, and across the UK.
Products & Services
Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
Structural and Weld Testing Services Ltd have experienced and qualified inspectors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to perform Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) both in-house or at a site or workshop location of your choice.
All testing is carried out using our qualified NDT procedures, which are written by the latest BS EN ISO standards, and have been verified and approved by Level 3 NDT Engineer support.
Non Destructive Testing as the name suggests, will not cause damage or affect the service life or performance of your product or weld.
The NDT methods offered by Structural and Weld Testing Services Ltd include:
- Visual Inspection
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Dye Penetrant Inspection
- Ultrasonic Testing of welds
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measuring for corrosion purposes
- Radiography Testing of welds
- Eddy Current Testing of welds
- Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM) of welds
Structural and Weld Testing Services Ltd is also able to provide XRF positive material identification (PMI), and Borescope inspection of internal pipe work.
Welding Procedures & Welder Approvals
Structural and Weld Testing Services Ltd have highly experienced and CSWIP-qualified inspectors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to perform UKAS-approved witnessing and certification of welding procedures and welder qualifications. We are also full members of the Safety Assessment Federation. Together with our UKAS accreditations, this membership ensures International acceptance of our Welding Inspection and Personnel Certification via Mutual Recognition Arrangements involving the TIC Council (previously CEOC), and ILAC.
Welding procedures and welder qualification tests can be carried out by the standard of your choice, which commonly include:
- BS EN ISO 9606 series
- BS EN ISO 15614 series
- BS EN ISO 15613
- BS EN ISO 17660
- BS 4872
- ASME IX
3rd party Inspection
Structural and Weld Testing Services Ltd Welding and NDT Engineers are available to act on our client's behalf, to provide welding and NDT 3rd party inspection. This service can include:
- Review of welding accreditations and documentation.
- Review of drawings and advice on joint design.
- Review of material certificates, and material traceability.
- Welding monitoring.
- Review of NDT procedures and qualifications.
- NDT witnessing and/or repeat inspections.
- Paint inspection.
- Review of the final documentation package.
Current or most recent 3rd party inspections performed by Structural and Weld Testing Services Ltd include:
- Ardleigh Green Bridge, Essex, for Hochtief UK
- Thames Tideway Central, London, for Ferrovial Laing O'Rourke JV
- Northern Line Extension TBM welding, London, for Ferrovial Laing O'Rourke JV
- Crossrail TBM welding, London, for Dragados Sisk Joint Venture.
- Chesterton Interchange Station, Cambridge for Volker Fitzpatrick.
- Bank Station Capacity Upgrade, London, for Dragados.
- Nuclear components, Sellafield, for Nuvia Ltd.