Accurate Instruments (NZ) Ltd is a 100% New Zealand owned company and is the Master Distributor in NZ for a number of International Instrument manufacturers. Our company offers some of the world’s top quality trade instruments available, yet our pricing is highly competitive and represents value for money.
In today’s world of ever changing landscapes, it is becoming more and more apparent that the supply and support of the correct instrumentation, technical safety equipment and industry technology must be backed by comprehensive knowledge and an integrated approach.
As an ISO9001 accredited company, our commitment to our markets and customers is the highest priority.
Many of our customers choose to associate, partner and operate with Accurate based on years of reliable operation and experience.
In the past 25 years, we are one of the very few survey and leveling supply firms that have not been sold, merged or acquired.
We are a trusted partner to industry.
We are instrument consultants, and endeavour to find the right solution for our client by careful analysis of the application and intended result. We pride ourselves on our professionalism, ethical industry responsibility, building and maintaining relationships, specialist advice and service, quality of product, and of course our people.
It is just as important to us to maintain great relationships with our suppliers as well as our clientele, and we pride ourselves on these successful networks.
Accurate Instruments (NZ) Ltd has eight Supply Divisions:
Laser & Levelling Tools
- Measuring Equipment
- Technical & PPE Safety Equipment
- Surveying Instruments and Accessories
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Geotechnical and Underground Investigation
- 2D & 3D Machine Control
- Moisture, Climate & Inspection Equipment
6 Support and Supply Departments:
- Sales: Trade, wholesale and ecommerce supply advisory
- Service: Quality Assurance, repair, calibration and certification
- Rental: Hire, loan, backup and support
- Training: Internal & external Industry Training and Education Department
- National Logistics: International & Domestic stock and customer equipment management
- Accounts & Administration: Financial operation and systems management
Celebrating 25 years in 2019, Accurate Instruments directors and key staff have been involved in the Surveying, Construction and Safety industries since the 1970’s.
After holding varying positions nationwide as service and sales managers in differing countries, our directors returned to New Zealand and established the organisation. The company was formed in 1994 and has become an industry leader in selling, servicing, training and hiring instrumentation nationwide. Due to an ethical approach with our clientele and suppliers, branding, frequent direct marketing, strategic planning, hand picked staff, and good old fashioned hard work, Accurate Instruments has continued to move forward within the industry at a steady pace.
We have built a reputable name nationally and will endeavour to retain that standing in New Zealand and with our manufacturers and suppliers worldwide.
OUR EXPERTISE & KNOWLEDGE
Many of the survey, height safety, gas detection, laser and moisture equipment required for use in today's industry are highly technical and complex. At times it is hard to find knowledgeable people to answer certain questions and enquiries.
Our industry experienced sales team provide our clientele with the correct instrument, product information, support and back-up to meet their needs and applications. Accurate Instruments support managers and specialists hold multi-level industry recognised qualifications in:
- Utility & Cable Location: Electromagnetics and Ground Penetrating Radar
- Concrete/Wood Analysis, Avionics, Ultrasonics, Surveying
- Non Destructive Testing
- Engineering, Gas Inspection, Thermography, Signal Fracture
- Material Analysis and various PPE safety practices
- Confined Space Entry
- Personal & Fixed Gas & Flame Detection
- Featuring Degrees in: BAppMgt, BBM, BEng, BEngE, BGeo, CMILT, CSurv, DipBus
Products & Services
SERVICING, CALIBRATION & CERTIFICATION
At Accurate, our industry and manufacturer trained service technicians offer a wide range of professional and trade industry repairs, support, quality control/assurance for;
- Laser levels
- Portable gas detection
- Total stations, theodolites and optical levels
- Confined spaced entry tripods, davits, winches and blocks
- Harnesses and lanyards
- Moisture meters and hygrometers
- Clegg soil Impact testers
- CCTV Pipe Inspection pushrod and tractor cameras
- Underground cable location equipment
- Sound level meters
Accurate are an official manufacturer approved service agency within New Zealand for;
- IKAR confined space and height safety tripods, davits, blocks and rescue winches
- Pearpoint CCTV pushrod and tractor camera systems
- IDS GeoRadar Ground Penetrating Radar
- Pro Shot, PLS and Spectra Precision laser levels
- MSA portable and fixed gas detection systems
- Trotec dehumidifiers, fans and moisture meters
- Radiodetection cable and utility locators
WHY IS SERVICING, CALIBRATION & SUPPORT SO IMPORTANT?
A lot of gas detection, confined space entry, leveling and surveying equipment available in stores and online, has not been tested, calibrated or certified in New Zealand. Some of the key pieces of safety equipment like tripods, blocks and gas detectors are not tested, repaired or certified to the manufacturer's guidelines - an enormous risk to workers!
Alot of laser leveling equipment has been delivered to big box retailers and timber merchants often with little or no service, parts and backup available. Many unsuspecting buyers are unaware of this.
Would you buy a brand new car without a WOF? Would you build a brand new house or commercial building with uncalibrated, out of level instruments? The majority of New Zealand's major construction firms now only allow certified approved equipment to be used on their projects.
At Accurate Instruments, we calibrate and certify our Laser, Survey and technical Safety Instruments before you get them. On many of our products, we often perform QA and testing in line with local and international requirements.
Our Service Technicians provide the backup and support of our products, with calibration and repairs of our instruments when required. We have the computer software programs, specialised tooling, collimator jigs and baselines that allow us to test, calibrate the surveying equipment, all within a short time period.