Eddy Current NDT
Lube Oil Cooler Inspection
Published on 23rd May 2020
Zetec offered a solution to identify the degradation(s) types and locations causing the leaks.
Tube leaks can cause serious damage. In this particular example, the tube leaks were causing a generator to come off line. The customer needed to determine the root cause and damage mechanism type in order to prevent future leaks.
Recommended Solution & Advantages:
Zetec offered a solution to identify the degradation(s) types and locations causing the leaks. Zetec recommended using a CXB4 probe coupled with the Velocity software and MIZ-200 Eddy Current instrument.
The CXB4 probe allowed an enhanced level of an EC inspection including excellent crack detection in both circumferential and axial orientation. The CXB4 probe detected numerous circumferential crack indications coincident with erosion at the tube expansion transition.
Velocity software combined with the CXB4 probe provided two separate (axial / circumferential) cscan/waterfalls. Each display optimized the analysis process by providing the user the ability to differentiate between axial and circumferentially oriented indications. This technology is unique in the industry and delivers a simplified approach to determining the orientation of indications.
This solution provided extensive advantages including:
- Excellent detection of cracking regardless of orientation
- Provides Array and Bobbin inspection in a single pass
- Industry-leading signal to noise ratio
- Remarkable C-scan presentations
- High level of detection in a rapid inspection
MIZ-200 Eddy Current Instrument
Inspection Confidence in Demanding Environments
- Industry leading data Signal to Noise Ratio for superior Probability of Detection
- Rugged, cast aluminum case designed to IP-65 spec for withstanding harsh environments
- Compact & Lightweight
- A/C & battery powered
Array and Bobbin technology combined
- Ability to detect and differentiate between Axial, Circumferential and Volumetric indications
- Fast inspection speeds with accurate, detailed results
- Ridged design for improved probe life
- Excellent detection of indications at expansion transitions and support structures
Velocity Acquisition and Analysis Software
Acquisition, Analysis and Data Management
- Auto Acquire
- Industry leading enhanced C-scan presentations – derived from software
- Tubesheet builder