Concrete Series: Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete Structures
Non-destructive testing and Evaluation (NDT/NDE) refers to a group of methods and techniques used to evaluate the properties of materials, components, or systems without causing damage.
Non-destructive testing and Evaluation (NDT/NDE) refers to a group of methods and techniques used to evaluate the properties of materials, components, or systems without causing damage. The aim of NDT is to inspect, test, and evaluate the quality, and integrity of materials or structural elements to determine if they meet the required specifications and standards, without affecting their intended use. In this context, NDT/NDE can help structural and geotechnical engineers in the quality control and quality assurance of new construction, and in the assessment of existing structures.
This presentation will be on the following:
• Introduction to Non-destructive Testing of Concrete Structures
• A Review of Existing Challenges
• What is Non-Destructive Testing and Evaluation?
• Applications of Non-Destructive Testing for Existing Structures
- Digital Inspection and Its benefits
- Structural condition assessment for various structural systems
- Non-destructive Evaluation of structures and materials
- Forensic Investigations
• Applications of Non-Destructive Testing for New Construction | NDT-Based Quality Control
- QC/QA of Concrete Construction
- Pile Integrity Testing Methods for deep foundations
- QC of tunnel linings (maturity method, ultrasonic testing, etc., Ground Penetrating Radar)
- QC/ QA methods for concrete infrastructure
Our Guest Speaker:
Hamed Layssi, P.Eng., PhD
Co-Founder and Structural Engineer, FPrimeC Solutions Inc.
Hamed Layssi is a co-founder and structural engineer at FPrimeC Solutions Inc. which specializes in advanced non-destructive testing and evaluation of concrete materials and structures. Over the past 15 years, he has been heavily involved with the concrete industry as a professional engineer, and researcher. He has an extensive academic background in non-destructive testing and evaluation of structural systems, digital inspection, and special repair solutions. He holds a PhD from McGill University, Canada. Hamed was recognized as Top 150 researchers in Canada in 2018 and received the 2018 Entrepreneurship Award from the PEO Ottawa chapter.