Senior NDT Engineer
Posted 180 day ago
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To support implementation of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) services for the client assets at multiple locations across the globe. NDT services cover training, inspection as well as technical consulting. These services are to be in line with Oceaneering and Client’s documentary requirements and onshore / offshore legislation(s) where applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting up and calibrating testing equipment, conducting complex inspections, interpreting results, and generating reports for conventional methods (UT, MT, PT & RT) as well as advanced methods (PAUT, ToFD, RFET, IRIS, etc.,)
- Apply various industry standards such as ASME Sec VIII, ASME Sec IX, ASME Sec V, PD5500, B31.3, B 31.1, ISO, ASTM, API, EN, DNV F-101, QMS-ISO 9001:2000, HSSE standards and provide technical expertise on all NDT matters as required on projects.
- Ability to interpret customer’s requirements, identify potential problems and provide Engineering Solutions for improvements or to alleviate any potential issues.
- Work with the appropriate training department for the development of training packages and provide training, examination, and certification of personnel.
- Responsible for managing and developing company NDT technicians for project specific needs.
- Apply expert knowledge to select the appropriate method and technique for an NDT inspection.
- Prepare and verify the adequacy of an NDT procedure, work instructions and written practice.
- Ensure adequate information is provided to the proposal coordinators to prepare and issue proposal in an accurate and timely manner.
- Carry out site audits where required and ensure projects are completed to detail in a professional manner.
- Ensure that non-conformances are being recorded and reported to the operations manager.
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering Inspection operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements.
- Interpret codes, standards & contractual documents that control the NDT method used.
- Audit outside agencies to ensure the requirements of the written practice are met.
- Should be open to travel upto 50% of the time
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Principal Integrity Engineer
Sr. NDT Engineer
Manager - Integrity Engineering Support
Sr Manager - Integrity Engineering Support
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline in a relevant subject (e.g., Mechanical or allied, Corrosion, Materials, Metallurgy Engineering)
- ASNT Level III in UT, MT, PT, VT, and RT as well as earlier Level II Qualification in these methods
- PCN Level II in PAUT & ToFD.
- Master’s Degree in an NDT/ Engineering/ Science discipline in a relevant subject (e.g., Mechanical or allied, Corrosion, Materials Engineering)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Other Characteristics
- Minimum 6 years of NDT experience encompassing practical experience in NDT Methods including VT, PT, MT, UT, RT, ET, IRIS, MFL, PAUT & ToFD.
- Should be experienced in the administration of certification of personnel, preparation, and review of NDT procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of ASME Sec VIII, ASME Sec IX, ASME Sec V, PD5500, B31.3, B 31.1, ISO, ASTM, API, EN, DNV F-101, QMS-ISO 9001:2000, HSSE standards, risk assessment methodology, and other commonly followed standards in the industry.
- Understanding of QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Good communicator, both written, verbal, and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others
- Good ability to develop relationships with client and/or contractor personnel at various levels of seniority and from diverse cultures
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Travel upto 50% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported