Rope Access Technician
This role involves utilizing Industrial Rope Access methods and associated equipment to access challenging areas and complete a wide range of inspection, maintenance, and other industrial tasks.
Posted 15 day ago
As a Rope Access – NDE Technician, you will be responsible for executing standard rope access operations under the direct supervision of an authorized Level 3 rope access supervisor. This role involves utilizing Industrial Rope Access methods and associated equipment to access challenging areas and complete a wide range of inspection, maintenance, and other industrial tasks. Technicians in this role must excel in physically demanding work, possess strong communication skills, and have the ability to quickly assimilate a large amount of new information. Responsibilities may also include performing rescue operations, preparing technical reports, and handling administrative tasks. Work hours, locations, shifts, and the nature of work assignments can vary significantly, and travel may be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by strictly adhering to Company/Customer safety standards, practices, and legal regulations. Be proactive in alerting others to potential hazards or concerns.
- Fulfill all assigned duties and adhere to TEAM’s Core Values and 7 Critical Choices.
- Properly utilize personal protective equipment.
- Follow the directions provided by the Rope Access Supervisor or the Rope Access Lead Technician.
- Demonstrate a healthy respect for heights and rigorously adhere to OSHA, site-specific, and Team safety procedures.
- Understand work permits and actively participate in job hazard analyses.
- Take part in required training, and rope access certification sessions, and maintain a strong grasp of safe rope access practices.
- Work by TEAM rope access policies and the Rope Access Code of Practice.
- Inspect and verify the safety of rope access systems and components before use.
- Recognize hazards at the worksite and promptly notify the Rope Access Supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain proficiency in rescue techniques and assist as directed, by your certification level.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- IRATA / SPRAT certification.
- Preferred NDT/ NDE Certification.
- Willingness to travel.
- Capacity to work at heights.
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere with varying weather conditions.
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town periodically.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs, involving movements such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping.
- Tasks may also include physically moving and setting up inspection equipment (maximum component weight +/- 50 lbs.).
- Climbing and working on ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and objects exceeding 100 ft.
- Working extended hours and standing for prolonged periods.
- Working in indoor and outdoor environments, subject to extreme heat and/or cold.
- Working in proximity to industrial hazards.
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties.
- Maintain adequate clarity of speech and hearing or possess alternative communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, to effectively communicate.
- Possess sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform office duties and travel to off-site locations when necessary.
- Ability to maintain focus and multitask effectively.
- Exhibit sensible and responsible behavior.
- Must meet IRATA/SPRAT certification requirements.
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.