Quality Assurance Inspector II
Arrowhead Products is seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Quality Assurance Inspector II to join our airframe and missile manufacturing team.
Posted 59 day ago
Quality Assurance Inspector II
Arrowhead Products is seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Quality Assurance Inspector II to join our airframe and missile manufacturing team. As a Quality Assurance Inspector II, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and compliance of our aerospace components and assemblies. Your responsibilities will include analyzing engineering blueprints, process specifications, shop travelers, and manufacturing planning documents to determine inspection requirements. You will perform in-process and final inspections, utilizing precision measuring instruments and equipment to ensure dimensional accuracy and compliance with strict standards and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough inspections: Perform visual and dimensional inspections of airframe parts and aerospace assemblies/components during the first article, receiving, in-process, and final inspection assignments.
- Determine inspection methods: Assess and select the most practical and efficient inspection methods and techniques, planning the sequence of operations accordingly.
- Verify material quality: Inspect incoming metallic and fiber materials, plastic and rubber compounds, ensuring correct formulation, serialization, identification, cure date, shelf life, and product traceability.
- Oversee manufacturing processes: Observe and perform in-process inspections during component build-up and sub-assembly stages, as well as monitor oven and cure processes, recording temperature readings and dwell time.
- Prepare documentation: Generate inspection reports, rework tags, and comprehensive documentation. Assemble end item documentation for finished product review and acceptance.
- Coordinate quality matters: Collaborate with MRB, engineering, and customer representatives to address rejections, depositions, and process refinements.
- Maintain records: Organize and maintain history files, records, and reports to ensure accurate documentation of inspections and related activities.
Education and Experience:
- High School degree or GED required. Related AA or trade school degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related Quality Assurance inspection experience, including experience interfacing with customer source representatives, government sources, internal departments, and senior management.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector preferred.
- Experience working in an AS9100 production environment is preferred.
- Proficiency in reading and analyzing engineering drawings and blueprints to determine requirements.
- Ability to use basic inspection tools such as calipers, scales, height gauges, optical aids, micrometers, and GD&T.
- Familiarity with production processes, including assembly, forming, tooling, welding (fusion & resistance), heat treatment, and cleaning.
- Knowledge of metallic materials such as stainless, nickel, titanium, aluminum, and experience with composite materials and production processes.
- Familiarity with AS9102 standards, software, and military specifications.
- Experience with Net-Inspect standards and software preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to direct work activities of QC Inspectors I.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency with MS Word/Outlook and internet usage.
The job requires meeting the following physical demands:
- Lift to 50 lbs.
- Push and pull 50 lbs.
- Occasional bending.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, and listening.
- Working knowledge of NetInspect, Inspection Expert, AS9100, AS9101, Boeing, Northrop, Lockheed Martin, UTAS, Honeywell, and DCMA specifications.
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) certification is expected to be achieved within 12 months from the first day of employment.
We take pride in offering the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Cafeteria
- Direct Deposit
Arrowhead Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Arrowhead Products maintains a drug-free workplace, and candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment, with random testing for certain positions. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans.