Pipeline Integrity Technician
The role we are recruiting for provides highly specialized expertise in an advanced field, responsible for offering technical, procedural, project, and resource recommendations to support the delivery of specific technical services.
Posted 38 day ago
The role we are recruiting for provides highly specialized expertise in an advanced field, responsible for offering technical, procedural, project, and resource recommendations to support the delivery of specific technical services. This position reviews and recommends the adoption of new technology, delivers specialized equipment and technical training to staff, validates individual competency levels, and ensures the currency and application of work acceptance criteria. The incumbent will also engage in project planning and execution, provide technical review and approval of procedures, techniques, standards, and reports, and support business development and service line growth.
As a professional in this role, your responsibilities will encompass:
- Calibrating nondestructive test equipment.
- Conducting tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection.
- Establishing techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Applying testing criteria as per applicable specifications or standards and evaluating results.
- Organizing and reporting test results.
- Performing specialized inspections.
- Reviewing pipeline integrity inspection reports, including assisting other pipeline integrity technicians with reporting.
- Attending operational meetings with client engineers and project managers.
- Maintaining open lines of communication between clients and pipeline integrity technicians.
- Updating pipeline integrity databases and managing FTP sites.
- Tracking the status of priority digs and ensuring all inspection and testing meet client specifications.
- Assisting in technician training.
- Assisting with dig package and cost estimating.
- Maintaining metrics on reporting, costs, productivity, etc.
- Resolving any technical issues in the field.
- Reporting the results obtained from investigations.
- Potentially instructing and supervising others.
- Performing other job-related tasks as directed by the manager.
To excel in this position, you should have:
- A post-secondary degree in Engineering or technical field is preferred.
- Level II PT, MT, and UT II Shear waves with Advanced Sizing and detection Techniques or above are required.
- Knowledge of the pipeline industry and, more specifically, pipeline integrity inspections is required.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Technical proficiency and attention to detail are essential.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office skills (including Word and Excel).
- The ability to manage and organize large and varied amounts of data.
- Experience in report/scientific writing.
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- A technical background in NDT methods and procedures.
- A High School Diploma/GED is required.
Acuren offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance.
- 401K Plan.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Time Off.
Acuren is a trusted, single-source provider of technology-enabled asset protection solutions used to evaluate the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial, and public infrastructures. Committed to delivering a Higher Level of Reliability, Acuren offers an unrivaled spectrum of capabilities including inspection, traditional and advanced NDE/NDT, failure analysis, rope access, materials engineering, field engineering, reliability engineering, drones, robotics, V-Deck, and condition-based monitoring services.