United Arab Emirates
As NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Technicians at Oceaneering in Dubai, you will play a pivotal role in assessing the physical properties of materials without causing any damage.
Posted 18 day ago
As NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) Technicians at Oceaneering in Dubai, you will play a pivotal role in assessing the physical properties of materials without causing any damage. Your responsibilities will include inspecting and testing materials for corrosion, cracks, and other imperfections that could impact their performance or integrity. This role may involve utilizing IRATA Rope Access techniques when necessary. Work locations encompass onshore, offshore, and the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Report to the site supervisor/superintendent, ensuring safe, efficient, and profitable daily NDT inspection operations for clients.
- Utilize rope access, under close supervision by a qualified IRATA Level 3, for tasks at elevated heights (when required).
- Conduct NDT Technician Inspections using Ultrasonics, Radiography, Magnetic Particle, Liquid/Dye Penetrant, and Eddy Current Techniques (part of daily routine).
- Perform UT inspection techniques on components requiring inspection.
- Ensure the safety of the work area for NDT activities.
- Carry out risk assessments/Take II as necessary.
- Execute inspections within the parameters of applicable specifications.
- Conduct routine equipment/consumable function tests to ensure proper functioning; report issues to supervision.
- Evaluate test results by applicable specifications.
- Generate clear and concise reports detailing inspection methods, results, and findings, including any limitations or test restrictions.
- Complete work efficiently to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Execute work in alignment with Oceaneering operating procedures, statutory/client specifications, and requirements.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as required by management.
- Perform work in compliance with Company Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality Systems.
- Preferred certifications: PCN or CSWIP; third-party ASNT certificates considered.
- Essential certifications: PCN/CSWIP/ASNT Level 2 in RT, UT, ET, MT, PT; IRATA Level 1 or 2.
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- Additional certifications required: Offshore medical, annual eye test, BOSIET & MIST certification, Cat EBS, Bi-Deltoid Measurement (when applicable).
- Third-party ASNT certificate holders must undergo Oceaneering Certification; successful completion is mandatory for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant inspection techniques within the oil and gas industry.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Windows-based programs.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach and ability to foster a team approach to problem-solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather and analyze information effectively.
- Problem-solving skills, even in challenging situations.
- Competent in written communication, editing, and numerical data presentation.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures, complete administrative tasks accurately and on time, and support organizational goals and values.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, including goal-setting and resource management.
- Commitment to quality, with a demonstrated ability to monitor and improve work.
- Ethical approach to work, upholding organizational values.
This position is considered ONSHORE/OFFSHORE and involves:
- Frequent indoor/outdoor work during the day and occasional nighttime work.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust.
- Use of Rope Access for work positioning and restraint.
- International travel as required via bus, taxi, helicopter, airplane, and boat.
The physical demands include but are not limited to:
- Frequent lifting of 20-50 pounds.
- Working in confined spaces, kneeling, jumping, running, working while lying on stomach/back, crawling, and using repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identifying color differences.
- Frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.
- Climbing stairs/ladders, standing, balancing, stooping, squatting, reaching, and lifting/carrying objects.
- Twisting the body, sitting with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and working with arms extended overhead.
- Lifting to 10 pounds.
- Wearing PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Wearing a harness or safety restraint.
Primary Identity Document:
- Passport or an official travel document showing birth date and parental details.
- Current document of identity issued by Emirates Identify Authority.
- Current driver’s license copy issued by the UAE government (Only for approved drivers of the radiation pick-up).
Secondary Identity Document:
- Document confirming employment history, education, and personal referees.
Security Background Check:
- The security background check shall include a security assessment and criminal history check issued by the competent authorities in the UAE. Employees may be requested to get a good conduct certificate from the country of origin or a local police clearance certificate.
At Oceaneering, we offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to advance in an international company.