Level II NDT Field Technician
Precision NDT, LLC
Precision is recruiting an NDT Level II Technician. The candidate is responsible for conducting calibrations, NDT tests, and evaluations to determine material acceptance or rejection. They set up and calibrate equipment, interpret results, and adhere to safety regulations.
Posted 60 day ago
As an NDT Level II Technician at Precision, you will play a critical role in conducting calibrations, Nondestructive Tests (NDT), and evaluations to determine the acceptance or rejection of materials, components, or structures. Operating under written instructions, you will set up and calibrate NDT equipment, interpret results, and adhere to applicable codes and standards. Leveraging your expertise, you will also provide on-the-job training and guidance to Assistants and Level I technicians.
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment to ensure precise and reliable results.
- Conduct NDT tests to ensure the quality of materials, components, or structures and detect any discontinuities or defects.
- Establish examination techniques for objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria by relevant specifications or standards, evaluating the results for acceptance or rejection.
- Interpret data from various testing methods, including radiographs, cathode ray tubes (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters, and visual indicators.
- Organize and report NDT results accurately, providing essential information for decision-making.
- Perform specialized inspections as required, utilizing your expertise in the specific NDT method.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to Assistants and Level I Technicians.
- Interface daily with clients regarding work priorities, project progress, and obstacle identification and resolution.
- Actively participate in client programs, planning, strategy sessions, and safety initiatives.
Hold Level II certification in the relevant NDT method.
Proven experience in setting up and calibrating NDT equipment, conducting tests, and interpreting results.
Thorough familiarity with the scope and limitations of the specific NDT method being employed.
Strict adherence to safety regulations and active participation in safety initiatives.
Training and Supervision Skills:
Ability to provide on-the-job training and guidance to Assistants and Level I Technicians.
Strong communication skills for effective interaction with clients and team members.
Proactive involvement in client programs, demonstrating a commitment to client satisfaction.
Precision NDT team provides inspection services to maintain the safety of assets efficiently and cost-effectively.