NDE Specialist 1
Posted 61 day ago
- The Sr. Pipeline Integrity NDE Specialist 1 will create, collaborate, plan and lead the daily quality compliance for the NDE operations in the Central Region of Applus+. The Specialist will be responsible for performing NDT in the shop and field settings and work closely with business development to continue to grow the client base. Will also be responsible for the training, testing and certification of NDT personnel, as well as auditing NDT operations.
* Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and job sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
* Responsible for providing the necessary leadership to plan, organize, assign tasks, direct, coordinate, and control the field and shop operations to meet all client relationships within the office.
* Provide technical support for field and shop operations on the following: MT, UT Level II and ECT Lvl III and preferrably PAUT Lvl II
* Serve as direct point of contact for the client.
* Contact new and existing clients to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
* Answer clients' questions about products, availability, or technical support.
* Develop, collaborate with compliance colleagues and maintain training processes, procedures, and policies in line with Applus+ SNT Written Practice Program and the Syracuse Nadcap Program.
* Prepare and verify work instructions for NDT methods to be in compliance with customer specifications and requirements.
* Implement materials and curriculum for classroom and field settings conducive to student learning.
* Provide initial and refresher training for existing inspectors/technicians.
* Support employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
* Conduct technical orientation sessions and on-the-job training for inspector/technicians and new hires.
* Conduct reviews and audit inspector/technician reports to ensure technicians meet Applus+ standards.
* Provide guidance and expertise to sales, engineering, and operations on NDT issues with regards to customer inquiries.
* Conduct field audits to ensure technician skills meet Applus+ standards.
* Be available to support field activities during normal business hours.
* Maintain qualifications as a designated Instructor. Assist in the development of, and deliver training courses for all employees.
* Evaluate and develop employees.
* Assure proper training is afforded to personnel and ensure that qualified employees are assigned to perform inspections/work.
* Assure all work document errors for assigned employees are corrected in a timely manner.
* Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* ECT Level III (by examination) required
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
* Must be a US Citizen to meet the ITAR requirements
Continue with Google
By continuing, you agree to OnestopNDT's