NDE Level I Technician
Posted 348 day ago
NDE Level I Technician
Intertek is searching for an NDE Level I Technician to join our Industry Services team at a client facility in the Bellingham, WA area. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Industry Services!
The NDE Level I Technician will support the Industry Services business by working with a Level II Technician on various projects.
What you’ll do:
- Perform various non-destructive examinations at various client facilities under the direction of a Project Manager, Team Leader, or Level II Technician.
- Assist in preparing NDE reports and document data in a clear and timely manner.
- Assist and learn technical matters involving company NDE procedures and techniques.
- Provide a professional appearance when interfacing with clients and other coworkers.
- Stay abreast of any new developments in NDE technologies that may be applicable in our business.
What is takes to be successful in this role:
- Valid driver’s license and reliable driving record (required)
- Able to pass physical exam.
- A mindset of safety first.
- Ability to maintain open lines of communications with co-workers, clients, and subcontractors.
- Current 40 hour radiation safety certificate.
- Valid TWIC card.
- ASNT Level I certification in RT (profile); UT-Thickness; MT and/or PT.
- The ability to set up and calibrate equipment, and interpret and evaluate results to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to organize and report test results, and send information to the office for data processing.
- The ability to solve technical issues in the field.
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
About the Team
Intertek’s Industry Services team uses expert technical knowledge of industries such as oil & gas, power generation, renewable energy, chemical, construction and transportation to provide a diverse range of innovative Total Quality Assurance solutions that optimize operations while minimizing risks in quality, safety and cost. Some of our key services include vendor inspection, site construction services, asset integrity management, non-destructive & materials testing, 3D laser scanning & dimensional control and energy & water consulting services.