Mechanical Engineer (Robotics)
Posted 174 day ago
Who We Are:
ARIX Technologies is a quickly growing venture-backed robotics company based in Houston, Texas. Founded by a team of engineers working with oil & gas industry veterans, we seek to help manufacturing plants improve their safety and reliability through robotic inspection and data analytics. We are developing pipe-crawling inspection robots and a big data management and visualization software that can help improve safety, efficiency, and data quality. Immediately focused on oil & gas, we see long term applications in other industries such as water, utilities, and transportation.
Who You Are:
You are a team player, love creating things, and are deeply interested in mechanical engineering.
You enjoy getting your hands dirty and have fun solving problems that haven’t yet been solved. You have a strong foundation of both theoretical knowledge and creative problem-solving skills.
You are a good communicator and open to collaborate with and occasionally be challenged by your teammates.
You should not be afraid to take ownership of your part of the company and should feel proud of being an integral player. And most of all, you should be excited to be part of a growing team solving a major real-world problem.
The tasks and responsibilities in this role will include most of the following, but will be tailored to your specific strengths:
- Work in a collaborative engineering team to help develop pipe inspection robots.
- Design, build, and test new mechanical components and assemblies for prototypes.
- Revise existing mechanical components and assemblies for improved reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and usability.
- Support the team with updating CAD, drawings, and other documentation.
- Design and execute procedures to stress test robots for different conditions and use cases.
- Perform Failure Mode and Effects Analysis to predict future failures on the robots.
- Perform root cause analysis after failures occur on the robots.
What You Bring:
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated record of being a kind and trustworthy teammate.
- Demonstrated record of holding your work to high standards and having attention to detail.
- BS degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- 3+ years of relevant mechanical engineering experience.
- Significant experience with CAD (OnShape, SolidWorks, Fusion 360, or similar).
- Significant experience working on electromechanical systems and large assemblies.
- Experience designing with metal, plastics, and composite materials.
- Experience in FEA and linear stress analysis calculations.
- Experience with applying mechanics theory (statics, kinematics, etc.) to inform your designs.
- Experience creating detailed machine drawings, assembly drawings, and BOM packages.
- Experience with designing, executing, and documenting tests.
- Experience designing for reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and usability.
We encourage the following qualifications:
- Experience with designing highly reliable products that were manufactured at scale
- Experience designing for certifications (ATEX, IECEx, UL, FCC, CE)
- Experience with robotics or remotely operated vehicles
Please note: You do not need to match every single bullet point listed above to apply for this position. At ARIX, we believe that diverse perspectives are vital to nurturing the spirit of innovation and success. We are committed to building a dream team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
What We Offer:
At ARIX, we strive to cultivate a fun and exciting work environment where you can have a direct & immediate impact. We offer the opportunity to work on an innovative product designed to tackle a real, significant, and immediate challenge to a large industry. You would join a team that was founded on mutual respect and support, a company that prioritizes professional growth, and an organization who knows the importance of work-life balance for long term success.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary ($85k-$110k)
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Generous paid time off