Insulator/Mechanical Services Technician - Offshore
MISTRAS Group, Inc.
Work hours, locations, shift times and nature of work assignments are not guaranteed and can vary greatly. Travel is extensive and time away from home can span several weeks at a time. Safety, integrity, technical capabilities, customer service and an ability to function effectively in a team environment are essential.
Posted 38 day ago
As an Insulation Technician at MISTRAS, you will be responsible for applying, removing, and repairing thermal and acoustic insulation on industrial equipment. You will work on various types of equipment, including pipelines, duct piping, heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels. Your ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine material requirements will be crucial to your success in this role.
In this position, you will provide exemplary customer service and support, both internally and externally. You will work effectively within a team structure to complete operational and administrative assignments on time and with good quality. Safety, integrity, technical capabilities, customer service, and an ability to function effectively in a team environment are essential qualities for this position.
You will be required to travel extensively and be away from home for several weeks at a time. The majority of work will be call-out, so candidates must have the ability to travel by any means (air, rail, ship, ground, etc.), without geographical limitations (county or state boundaries, international travel, etc.) or any other restrictions that might interfere with logistics.
- High school graduate or GED. Relevant advanced certifications are an asset.
- One year of insulation experience or valid recognized credential.
- Experience or willingness to be trained or perform other mechanical services as business needs arise.
- Must meet the Company's first-aid, CPR, and AED certification requirements at the time of hire or within 60 days thereafter. Current team members must always maintain certification.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Capable of carrying out strenuous, repetitive, or tedious work often in adverse conditions (heat, cold, wind, extreme height, darkness, etc.) and often for extended periods.
- Frequent carrying, pushing, and pulling motions while completing work tasks or managing tools/equipment are to be expected. Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. and occasional lifting to 60 lbs. without assistance.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company's success and in making this a great place to work. We are committed to a workplace where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns, and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability."
Continue with Google
By continuing, you agree to OnestopNDT's