Inspection Software Engineer / Autonomous Robots
Posted 1 day ago
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 90 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics electrical hardware.
The Applications Team
We are looking for an Inspection Software Engineer to join our fast-paced software engineering and development team as robotics expert. You will join a team of robotics software engineers with deep knowledge in the robotics software architecture and -algorithms. The Applications team, with its inspection experts, designs and implements software solutions to solve complex challenges of ANYmal in the automatic reading of machinery sensors, heat source detection, and sound assessment of the environment.
You can create a real impact with your strong background as Software Engineer and Applications Developer and your expertise in developing leading applications for users and clients. Your role will be to design and develop the next generation of robotic inspection applications for ANYmal, together with the Applications team and top robotics engineers at ANYbotics. Our inspection solutions of the future may include the integration of 3rd-party as well as open source solutions. Your contributions to partner collaborations will achieve successful integration of these external solutions into our holistic robotic inspection solution.
We constantly come up with new ways to optimize the performance and skills of our robots, allowing customers to gain valuable insights into their facilities and processes as easily and efficiently as possible. With your technical expertise, you actively contribute to making our robots smarter, more robust, and more user-friendly.
- Increasing the information richness automatically obtained from the robot’s environment through visual and thermal cameras, microphone and gas sensors (and potential future payloads)
- Driving the implementation of complete inspection workflows that deliver valuable insights to customers
- Debugging and testing the inspection software in the field with the robot
- Evaluating, integrating and testing solutions of and collaborating with external partners
- Evaluating and selecting sensors for the robot
- Improving and maintaining the existing software stack
- Participation in planning, organization and tracking of personal and team objectives and tasks
- Writing precise and effective software documentation
- University degree in engineering or science with a focus on computer science, electrical engineering or robotics
- Strong competence in object-oriented programming in C++ and/or Python
- Experience with sensor data processing and understanding of sensor limitations, specifically of cameras and microphones
- Experience with classical computer vision and machine learning
- Good knowledge of Linux, its command line interface, git, dvc, gitlab (or similar) and docker
- Ability to integrate linux drivers for sensors is a plus
- Comfortable with unit testing and debugging on hardware systems
- Strategic, collaborative and outcome-focused working style
- Strong communication skills in English
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
Continue with Google
By continuing, you agree to OnestopNDT's