Inspection Engineer (CAT 3)
Posted 326 day ago
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Inspection Engineer (IE) will undertake inspections and tests for which they are suitable qualified or have been trained. The IE will ensure that customer requirements are met and where necessary will interact and cooperate with CoP departments and other site contractors as required.
- Provide Inspection service of site plant / equipment and piping systems, as a part of the Preventative Maintenance Inspection programme, in accordance with the clients WSE and within the signed letter of authority.
- Review and approval of inspection and NDT reports, checking for accuracy and quality of submitted reports prior to issue to client.
- The inspector shall ensure that clear and concise reports are generated in a timely manner for any inspection work undertaken.
- Ensures compliance with any Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements imposed by the Company or the Customer.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all Client and Oceaneering procedures relevant to their duties.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may
- reasonably be expected within the scope of the post the job.
Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position reports directly to Senior Inspection Engineers & Site Manager
- Good Secondary Education
- IT literate essential
- Industrial Training /Trade certificates / or equivalent
- ASME/API/EEMUA – Suitable trade qualification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an inspection environment
- Competent to inspect Major, Intermediate & Minor equipment as per PSSR & PED
- Authorised as a UKAS RG2 Category 3 Inspection Engineer
- Excellent reporting skills with a good commercial awareness, Enthusiastic, flexible and self-motivated.
- Good communication skills
- Proven record delivering agreed objectives
This position is considered 50/50 Office/Plant which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is flat from grade , scaffold, or gantry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.