Field Service Engineer - Phoenix, AZ
CARESTREAM HEALTH EMEA
Posted 336 day ago
Innovation that sparks imagination. Continue on to your next challenge with us.
Carestream is a worldwide provider of medical imaging systems and solutions; x-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing; manufacturing of film and precision contract coating services for a wide range of industrial, medical, electronic and other applications—all backed by a global service and support network. Carestream’s diagnostic imaging technology systems are at work in 90 percent of hospitals worldwide.
At Carestream, we offer a global perspective and a world of opportunities for people who have the desire to make a positive impact. Join our global team of 3,000+ professionals!
- You will support the X-Ray Systems business as a Field Service Engineer based in the Phoenix, AZ area. This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adhere to state and federal regulatory requirements.
- The Field Engineer services laser printers, networks, CR & DR X-ray imaging equipment, CT scanners, radio fluoroscopy equipment, and other hospital equipment.
- The Field Engineer position involves working in the medical imaging field so you will be servicing our customer base primarily in hospitals and imaging centers.
- This position involves possible overnight travel and will be based in a home office.
- A company provided vehicle, laptop, and cell phone are included. Benefits include an annual incentive plan and a benefits package.
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- Field Service Engineers need to live within the territory or within a reasonable commuting distance to assigned territory.
- Build credibility and trust with customers by conducting pro-active customer visits.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customers and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and resolve customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, and meeting commitments and arrival times. Understand the customer's business and competitive environment.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with the service portfolio.
- Adopt, develop, and implement best practices.
- Actively seeks to mentor others
- Actively participates as a member of the regional work team and works to improve team processes.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with established processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties within established and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders (FCO), preventative maintenance (PM), installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Independently resolve equipment and customer issues.
- Independently complete PMs, FCOs, installations, and all related tasks.
- Independently diagnose and resolve electronic, network, and mechanical problems.
- Utilize tools, support, resources, and escalation processes within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
- May be asked to perform service work remotely providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers and field partners in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.
Required Skills & Education:
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience; BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in diagnostic imaging or 4+ years of experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment.
- Knowledge of computers and networking; PC competency to include utilization of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with minimal assistance.
- Ability to display strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, self-discipline, and autonomy to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment and share knowledge to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that is compliant with Fleet Policy.
- Experience with X-Ray, Complex Medical Device, Knowledge of Carestream Equipment
- Hospitals, critical care imaging centers, remote
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
- The average driving time is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays may be required.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require customer support during non-regular business hours, occasional overtime, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide customer support.
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from a home office location.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- Required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties. Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Applying for a job with Carestream
All applicants must complete the on-line application process. Carestream is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please click accommodations
Requisition ID: 2790