Field Engineer, Salt Lake City metro
CARESTREAM HEALTH EMEA
Posted 25 day ago
Innovation that sparks imagination. Continue on to your next challenge with us.
Carestream is a worldwide provider of medical imaging systems and solutions; x-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing; manufacturing of film and precision contract coating services for a wide range of industrial, medical, electronic and other applications—all backed by a global service and support network. Carestream’s diagnostic imaging technology systems are at work in 90 percent of hospitals worldwide.
At Carestream, we offer a global perspective and a world of opportunities for people who have the desire to make a positive impact. Join our global team of 3,000+ professionals!
- You will support the XRS business as a Field Service Engineer based in an assigned area (Salt Lake City, UT). This position will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adhere to state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Field Engineer services laser printers, networks, CR & DR X-ray imaging equipment, CT scanners, radio fluoroscopy equipment, and other hospital equipment.
- The Field Engineer position involves working in the medical imaging field so you will be servicing our customer base primarily in hospitals and imaging centers.
- Assist or perform equipment installations.
- This position involves possible overnight travel and will be based in a home office. A company provided vehicle, laptop, and cell phone are included.
- Field Service Engineers need to live within the territory or within a reasonable commuting distance to assigned territory (Salt Lake City extended metro.).
Required Skills & Education:
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience; BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in diagnostic imaging or 4+ years of experience in the electronics industry, preferably in a field service environment.
- Knowledge of computers and networking; PC competency to include utilization of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that is compliant with Fleet Policy.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with X-Ray, complex medical devices and/or knowledge of Carestream Equipment
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely from a home office location.
- The average driving time is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50% at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air may be required.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- Required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the customer in connection with admission into its facilities to perform job duties. Customer requirements may include, but are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as dictated by the customer or facility policy.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying items over 50 pounds.
- Other physical aspects of equipment installation or repair.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Applying for a job with Carestream
All applicants must complete the on-line application process. Carestream is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please click accommodations
Requisition ID: 3062
Continue with Google
By continuing, you agree to OnestopNDT's