Ultrasonic Weld Inspection
What will I learn
This course is designed for Level 2 ultrasonic personnel seeking to enhance their skills and confidence in conducting ultrasonic weld inspections. The primary focus is on developing proficiency in flaw detection and sizing techniques, making it particularly beneficial for individuals preparing for the CGSB Level 2 Ultrasonic practical exam. The course covers a range of topics, including a review of Level 2 Ultrasonics, calibration, welding processes and defects, CSA and ASME ultrasonic weld standards, weld inspection techniques, practical weld inspection exercises, and the proper recording of inspection results.
Module 1: Review of Level 2 Ultrasonics
- Recap foundational concepts and principles of Level 2 Ultrasonics.
Module 2: Calibration
- Explore the importance of calibration in ultrasonic testing and its practical applications.
Module 3: Welding Processes and Defects
- Gain insights into various welding processes and common welding defects.
Module 4: CSA and ASME Ultrasonic Weld Standards
- Examine industry standards set by CSA and ASME related to ultrasonic weld inspection.
Module 5: Weld Inspection Techniques
- Learn advanced techniques for inspecting welds effectively.
Module 6: Practical Weld Inspection
- Apply the knowledge gained through hands-on practical exercises in weld inspection.
Module 7: Recording Results
- Understand the significance of accurate result documentation and how to properly record inspection findings.
By the end of this course, participants will have acquired the advanced skills and knowledge necessary for conducting thorough ultrasonic weld inspections, with a focus on flaw detection and sizing. Whether you are preparing for a certification exam or aiming to excel in your career as a Level 2 ultrasonic technician, this course equips you with the expertise needed for precise and reliable weld inspections.
About this institute
Institute Name : Canadian Institute for Non-destructive Evaluation
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Hamilton, ON
Mode : Offline
The Canadian Institute for Non-Destructive Evaluation (CINDE) was formed in 2001 from the merger of The Canadian Society for Nondestructive Testing (CSNDT) and the NDE Institute of Canada. It is Canada’s non-profit, member-based, technical society dedicated to the people and companies engaged in the business of non-destructive evaluation (NDE), non-destructive testing (NDT), and inspection. CINDE offers world-class NDT training, is a government-approved full-service certification examination center, and offers many member services including an internationally recognized conference and chapter events.