Digital Radiographic Testing - Level 2
What will I learn
image credit @endpoint.azureedge
Are you interested in expanding your knowledge of radiographic systems or introducing a digital system into your workplace? Then this course is ideal for you.
What Will You Learn?
During this course, you will learn about the principles of digital radiography, equipment standards for CR systems, radiographic techniques with CR, and calibration of equipment (use of phantom). Additionally, you will learn about image processing using phosphor screens, software-specific parameters, calibration of measuring tools, effects of magnification, and definition of accuracy constraints and capabilities of the CR system. The course also covers the modification of images, the use of analysis software, and acceptance and reporting.
This course is in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9712 and ends with a certification exam.
What Will You Leave With?
- After completing this course, you will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of the theoretical background of digital radiography
- Knowledge of current standards with reference to CR systems (BS EN 14784)
- Ability to calibrate a CR system using a phantom
- Understanding of image processing of phosphor screens
- Ability to use software-specific parameters to assess a digital image
- Ability to recognize the constraints and capabilities of a CR system
- Capability to modify a digital image to optimize defect detection
- Ability to compile a written instruction
- Meet the syllabus requirements of E10.2 training and examinations PCN syllabus
What Else Should You Know?
- To be eligible for this course, you must be qualified for a minimum of Level 1 or 2 Radiographic Testing or Interpretation conforming to BS EN ISO 9712.
- Please note that all candidates attending a PCN examination (initial, retest, or renewal) must provide a photo ID (e.g. Driving license number, Passport number, PCN ID Card) on the day of sitting the examination. Failure to do so will result in the candidate being turned away.
- Finally, PCN or CSWIP Level 2 DRT (Weld, Casting, or Profile/Tangential) certification will be offered upon completion of the course.
Digitized Radiographic Testing (DRT):
The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is:
- Level 1 - 12 hours
- Level 2 - 24 hours (Direct Level 2 -36 hours)
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is:
- Level 1 - 1 month
- Level 2 - 3 months (Direct Level 2 - 4 months)
Registration link :
About this institute
Institute Name : TWI Training
Language : English
Charge : Paid
Location : Great Abington
Mode : No
Institute Description :
TWI is a world-renowned organization in the field of technology engineering, providing top-notch research and consultancy services to its members. With a reputation for expertise, professionalism, impartiality, and confidentiality, TWI collaborates with some of the most influential companies worldwide across all industry sectors.
Training with TWI can lead to internationally recognized qualifications that offer tangible benefits to industry by equipping learners with new competences. If you are an individual, training with TWI can enhance your skills, resulting in career progression, and our certification provides evidence of your competence to an internationally recognized standard.
At TWI, we regularly update our portfolio of courses and certification schemes to maintain our position as the world leader in our field. You can be assured that your training is internationally recognized by certification award bodies, including CSWIP, BGAS-CSWIP, PCN, EWF/IIW, ASNT, IOSH, and NEBOSH.
In summary, TWI offers industry-leading training and certification schemes that provide learners with new competences, career progression, and internationally recognized qualifications. Our updated portfolio of courses and certifications ensures that learners receive the most current and relevant training available, making TWI the preferred choice for industry professionals worldwide.