Testrade Limited was founded in 1971 by Pat and Gail Long and has been supporting the needs of the NDT community ever since. Supported by qualified NDT staff, Testrade continues to be perfectly placed to meet the needs of the industry, no matter how big or small the requirement. With a large range of consumables and accessories in stock and quick delivery times for NDT equipment, we can meet your urgent demands. With an extremely experienced purchasing office, we can source equipment, even if it is not in our normal stock list, and ensure it meets your specification and delivers maximum value.
Testrade remains a family business with a family ethos and this comes through in everything we do. Now headed by Gail and Pat’s daughter Jody and her husband Rich, we pride ourselves on the relationships we develop with our customers. We continue to strive hard to maintain our old-fashioned principles of good service and integrity whilst ensuring we adapt to new technology, expanding product ranges and the challenges of the future.
Please feel free to use our ‘Contact Us’ form if you have any specific requirements or give us a call. We often find that chatting through the requirement is the quickest and best way to ensure you get the equipment you need when you need it.
Products & Services
Elcometer MTG6 Ultrasonic Material Thickness Gauge
With a choice of calibration options, measurement modes – including high speed scan mode, display options and data-logging, the MTG6 is ideal for taking readings on a wide range of coated and uncoated materials and downloading data for further analysis and reporting.
As well as all the features of the MTG2 & MTG4, the MTG6 has additional calibration options; 2-Point, Velocity and known Thickness Value.
The MTG6 offers Velocity Mode (VM) which is ideal for determining the homogeneity of a material/alloy and the correct velocity of a material for calibration.
Using Scan Mode, readings can be taken at a rate of 16Hz (16 readings per second) over a large surface area. When the transducer is lifted off the surface, the average, lowest and highest thickness value is displayed making scan mode ideal for checking a sample’s overall uniformity.
With a user definable display, users can choose to view readings, statistical information, bar graph - an analogue representation of the current reading together with the highest (Hi) , lowest (Lo); and average (x), reading or a run chart; a trend graph of the last 20 readings.
Data Logging & Data Output
The MTG6 has a single batch gauge memory and can store up to 1,500 readings. Compatible with both ElcoMaster® and ElcoMaster® Mobile Apps, readings can be downloaded via USB or Bluetooth® to PC, iOS or Android™ devices for further analysis and reporting.
- Pulsed-Echo (P-E), Echo-Echo ThruPaint™ & Velocity (VM) measurement modes
- 2-Point, 1-Point, Material, Velocity, Thickness Set and Factory calibration options
- User selectable measurement rate; 4, 8, 16 readings per second
- User selectable reading resolution; 0.1mm (0.01”) or 0.01mm (0.001”)
- Scan Mode
- Readings, Selected Statistics, Bar Graph & Run Chart
- Gauge memory; single sequential batch of up to 1,500 readings
- USB and Bluetooth® data output to ElcoMaster® and ElcoMaster® Mobile Apps
FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors
The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced material thickness capabilities.
Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
The Elcometer FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detector is available in two models: FD800DL and FD800DL+.
The time corrected gain (TCG) feature automatically compensates for sound attenuation through a material, further increasing the performance of the gauge.
Within the grid batching of the FD800DL+ the user has the capability to enter 'OBSTRUCT' on to the grid for easy identification of inaccessible locations to measure.
The FD800DL+ has a 6Gb internal memory and an external SD slot which allows up to 64Gb with full data logging via RS232 data output to ElcoMaster® data management software.
- Blanview sunlight readable QVGA TFT colour display
- Sizing Toolkits: DAC, AWS, TCG, DGS
- Pulse Repetition Frequency: 8 to 333 Hz, adjustable
- Screen Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Detection: Z-Cross, Flank & Peak
- Automatic: probe zero, probe recognition, and temperature compensation
- Measurement: Variety of modes to address a number of applications
- Large data storage: 6Gb internal & up to 64Gb external SD slot
- Multiple formats: Alpha numeric grid and sequential with auto identifier
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Download to ElcoMaster® data management software