NDT Supply sells quality inspection instruments, supplies and accessories at reasonable prices. Our product offerings have been selected by an NDT professional who knows the quality you expect in the products you buy. Choosing the right product is not easy. With over 30 years of experience we know what works and what’s “hype”. We are committed to providing our customers with honest no-bull answers. We stand for quality, honesty, and reliability.
Customers choose us because we offer competitive pricing, knowledgeable technical support, and the largest variety of quality products available on the web. What you find on our web site is just the beginning. We plan to continuously add products and technical information to help our customers select the products they need. Thanks for visiting us. Please let us know how we can best serve your inspection equipment and supply requirements.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, Contact Us and we will try to help you locate a supplier.
About Non-Destructive Testing
“The field of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) is a very broad, interdisciplinary field that plays a critical role in assuring that structural components and systems perform their function in a reliable and cost effective fashion. NDT technicians and engineers define and implement tests that locate and characterize material conditions and flaws that might otherwise cause planes to crash, reactors to fail, trains to derail, pipelines to burst, and a variety of less visible, but equally troubling events. These tests are performed in a manner that does not affect the future usefulness of the object or material. In other words, NDT allows parts and material to be inspected and measured without damaging them. Because it allows inspection without interfering with a product’s final use, NDT provides an excellent balance between quality control and cost-effectiveness. Generally speaking, NDT applies to industrial inspections. Technology that is used in NDT is similar to those used in the medical industry; yet, typically nonliving objects are the subjects of the inspections.” – NDT Resource Center
Products & Services
SmartScan Aircraft Wheel Inspection System
Automated Eddy Current System for 100% Inspection of Aircraft Wheels. 2 Year Warranty
The Cutting Edge of Eddy Current Wheel Testing
The OKOndt SmartScan FA is a high quality, professionally designed, easy-to-use automated Eddy Current Wheel Inspection System for inspection of aircraft main and nose wheels. Wheel compatibility has been confirmed for various manufacturers including Messier-Bugatti, Goodrich, Honeywell, Meggit and more. The system provides automated testing in compliance with ISO 15548-1. Includes a 2 Year Warranty
- 100% Automated Inspection of Wheel Halves
- Handles wheels up to 35” OD / 8” ID
- Complete testing of wheel tubewell, bead seat and flange
- Compact Design
- Low maintenance – built with high-quality off-the-shelf components
- Simple and User-Friendly Controls and Software
- Quick User Setup and Inspection – Save and load inspection setups for each wheel
- Automated performance verification
- Domestic and Global Service and Support
- Dual control - system can be controlled from the control panel or PC software interface
- Manual and automatic stop on defects
- Return to defect function
- Wheel inspection in either "flange up" or "flange down" positions
- Automatic wheel hub grip mechanism – locking pins position and lock wheels in place for testing
- Automated performance verification – the probe scans the reference block before and after each test and records the results
- Remote “pause” switch allows for rapid stop and restart – ideal for quickly locating and manually confirming indications
- Test reports are automatically generated after each inspection
- Lemo 00 and Lemo 12 (reflection and bridge) connectors located on front of control panel for manual inspection
- Ethernet connectivity – connect to local network for file storage and backup
- Large high resolution color display for main controls plus secondary color monitor with camera for overhead close-up view of wheel position and locking
- Eddy current technology supported by the built-in state-of-the-art EddyCon D universal multi-channel Eddy Current Flaw Detector
- New Feature - After testing is complete, if any defects were found the probe will automatically be brought to the defect area (within +/- 15 ml on the horizontal axis)
EddyCon C Flaw Detector
Handheld, Lightweight Eddy Current Flaw Detector
The OKOndt Eddycon C is an economical, easy-to-use, handheld Eddy Current Flaw Detector capable of performing all common eddy current inspections. It has a 4.3” display, is lightweight (2 lbs), and features buttons that provide direct access to primary functions. It complies with ISO 15548, ensuring that the Eddycon C will meet the requirements of the most demanding applications. Includes a 2 Year Warranty.
- Detection of surface cracks
- Detects cracks in fastener holes of multi-layered aircraft structures using manual bolt hole probes or with the use of a rotary scanner
- Detection of sub-surface flaws in non-magnetic conductive materials
- Evaluation of conductivity and coating thickness of conductive/non-magnetic materials
- Inspection of steel structures for fatigue and stress cracks
- The Eddycon C can perform eddy current testing of aircraft components on all common aircraft
- The Eddycon C is used in Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Offshore Drilling Rigs, Amusement Park Rides, Railway, Mining and Machinery inspections
Maurer Demagnetizing Services
NDT Supply.com, Inc., in partnership with Maurer Magnetics AG, offers degaussing services in the USA and Canada. Services include on-site and in-house demagnetization.
Maurer Magnetics manufactures unique, high-powered, demagnetizers with patented technology that can reduce residual magnetism to an extremely low level. Maurer’s demagnetizing process penetrates deep into the material so that magnetism does not return. Mobile machines allow us to be at your site in just a few days.
Examples of projects that we have successfully worked include:
Large machines such as sintering presses, steel mill equipment as well as large dies, castings and forgings and even railroad track. Demagnetization is often required due to particle buildup, machining, cleaning and welding issues as well as specification compliance requirements. Buildings containing high tech instruments including, precisely aimed radiation or laser beams can be affected by magnetism in the buildings structure (steel beams, reinforcing bars, etc.). We use the Maurer Magnetics DM200-P, which has sufficient power to demagnetize 16" thick steel, for these applications.
Customers also send us items to demagnetize in our lab or in some cases in our driveway with the items still loaded on the truck.