MarShield Custom Radiation Shielding Products provides radiation shielding solutions for the Medical and Nuclear Industries and is a division of Mars Metal Company. Marshield is an experienced and widely-proven partner for corporations, institutions, the military and government seeking a full-service provider of radiation protection solutions.
Since 1979, MarShield lead radiation protection, storage and shielding products have brought value to various commercial markets including nuclear, medical, veterinary, and dental as well as institutions and government bodies engaged in scientific research through to military operations and national defence. Today MarShield designs and manufactures products for clients in the USA, Canada and targeted international markets worldwide.
Products & Services
Industrial X-Ray (NDT) Rooms
Radiation shielding is often required in industrial x-ray and non-destructive testing (NDT) applications. MarShield’s broad range of radiation shielding solutions can be used to protect sensitive components and the equipment operator from x-rays emitted by industrial x-ray systems – thus enabling effective and efficient quality control in a safe workplace environment.
Industrial X-Ray (NDT) Room Basics
- Custom designed to meet your needs.
- Panels extend from floor to 84”, 96” or higher, ensuring effective protection.
- Your choice of lead shielding thickness.
- Solid Panels are lead lined and faced with beige ABS.
- Frames are sturdy, beige powder coated steel.
- Sliding doors complete with hardware available.
- Windows available in door or wall panels.
- Windows are Lead Safety Glass (Laminated glass with interlayer. This Safety Lead Glass is shatter resistant glass that meets requirements of ANSI Z97.1-1984 & 16 CFR 1201 Cat. II)
- Wall panels are prefabricated for ease of installation.
CNC Machined Lead Parts
MarShield’s specialized services include in house Precision 3D and CNC Machining of lead parts and lead plates utilizing state of the art equipment and the latest CAD-CAM software.
We produce custom lead precision machined parts for the Medical, Communications and Aerospace industries – including guidance systems, RDT security, satellite systems and all aspects of Government defense.
- Tight tolerance custom machining to your specifications.
- A quality management system that is certified to both ISO 9001:2015 and CSA N299.3-16.
- An in house Design Assist Team to support any of your machining requirements and prototype development.
- Quality packaging of the finished parts and ensure all are labeled, wrapped and secured for expedited service worldwide.
- A large stock of over 300 tons of sheet lead, plate and ingots for immediate processing and custom cast shapes ready to machine.
- Flexibility – whether you require less than 10 pieces or high-volume production runs of 1000s, we have the capability to meet your needs.
If required, all machined parts can be environmentally coated to ensure no exposed lead for health and safety reasons. We offer several coating solutions such as epoxy based coating or powder coating.
Additional CNC Machined Materials
For custom cut Borated Polyethylene for your specific requirements. We also stocks Lead Acrylic that can be cut in custom sizes.
Non-Lead Radiation Shielding Materials
Tungsten, Bismuth and Iron, non-lead radiation shielding offer a flexible, environmentally friendly shielding alternative. These can be flexibly affixed or moulded into any shape, allowing the application of localized shielding directly at the source.
Isolated hot spots can be shielded, eliminating the need to shield larger areas surrounding the hot spot. Lead alternative shielding can be engineered to meet weight, size, and radiation attenuation specifications. These types of products have saved power plants time and money during maintenance shutdowns. Our lead alternative shielding products are non-toxic and free of hazardous materials. These shielding materials allow us the ability to create lightweight, easy-to-use, customizable products. The weights and sizes available make them easy to handle, with improved ergonomics, reducing the prospect of lifting and handling injuries.
Lead-Free Shielding Products
Non-lead shielding products include lead-free blankets, pipe wrap, pipe shields, magnetic shields, safety floor shields, and custom-designed shielding solutions.
- Tungsten, bismuth & iron blankets
- Pipe wrap shielding
- Molded pipe and elbow shielding
- Floor shielding
- Custom moulded shielding
- High heat resistance
- Racking and storage
- Magnetic options
Tungsten, Bismuth, Or Iron Shielding
Our lead alternative shielding technology is a flexible, innovative solution made from Tungsten Silicone, Bismuth Silicone, or Iron Silicone. Lead-free shielding is non-hazardous and can reduce disposal costs, making it a safe and cost-effective radiation shielding alternative to lead shielding. All of our materials are compliant with nuclear industry smoke development, flame spread, and critical radiant flux measurement standards, and have demonstrated the ability to meet acceptable analysis specified within Regulatory Guide 1.36. Tungsten, Bismuth, and Iron products are rated for continuous use up to 350° F/176° C.