With the help of industry support and collective efforts of technical specialists, LMATS Pty Ltd was established in Melbourne, Victoria in July 2008. LMATS is an abbreviation for Laboratory for Materials Analysis & Testing Services.
The founder of LMATS Mr. Pranay Wadyalkar confirms that LMATS is established solely to assist various industries by understanding their requirements and to provide effective and quality services.
LMATS has been extensively and rapidly accepted in the industry as a reliable testing and inspection services provider because several customers recommend other companies to utilize LMATS services. Concurrently, LMATS consistently delivered quality services to exceed customer’s satisfaction. As a result, LMATS had a rapid growth Australiawide and currently LMATS is providing services from
Victoria – Melbourne (Williamstown and Dandenong),
New South Wales - Silverwater (Sydney) and Wodonga/Albury,
Brisbane (Archerfield, Queensland) and Perth (Canning Vale, Western Australia)
LMATS team comprises of a mix of experienced and young professionals, with a combined 200 years relevant industry experience across all industries.
LMATS provides comprehensive testing services in the fields of but not limited to Advanced NDT, Conventional Non Destructive Testing (NDT), Hydrostatic testing, Pressure equipment / Structures Inspections, engineering and mechanical testing, chemical Analysis and Positive Material Identification, Corrosion Resistance Testing, Weld testing and WPS Qualifications, Metallurgical Services and Material Identification, Protective Coatings testing, Professional Services – Quality Assurance, NDT Level 3 services, Ceramics / Refractory/ Abrasive test and Calibration Services
Products & Services
Advanced NDT Methods
LMATS are now offering the most advanced NDT Methods with the commissioning of the latest ECA, PAUT,TOFD, CRT, IRIS, RFT, PEC, LRUT, SRUT, LFET, RFT, NFA, MFL equipment.
LMATS has an extensive range of Advanced Non Destructive Testing NDT solutions that offer our customers unmatched capability of applications ranging from weld inspections to the detection of hidden cracks, voids, porosity and other internal irregularities in metals, composites, plastics and ceramics.
These Advanced NDT Techniques are:-
Fast, Accurate, Traceable a digital paper trail
Advanced NDT Methods offer a number of significant benefits over traditional ultrasonic techniques including:
- Accurate defect sizing in 3 dimentions
- Inspection of components with complex geometry
- Allowing permanent traceable records for future monitoring
- Ease of data review of complex inspections
- Analysis of complex evaluation and modelling.
Our Advanced Non Destructive Testing NDT inspection solutions cover:
- Advanced Weld Inspection Solutions
- Advanced Corrosion Inspection and detection
- Advanced Stress Corrosion Inspection and detection
- Advanced Tube Inspection
- Advanced Composite Inspection
LMATS Advanced NDT services covers the following industries but not limited to:
All of these solutions offer fast detection and descrimination of defects with Full Tracable Data Recording and archiving!
LMATS Advanced NDT services now gives the ability to track a defect or an anomaly in a piece of equipment over time and accuratly measure any propagation in 3 dimensions.
LMATS has commissioned the latest Advanced NDT testing equipment
- Advanced NDT - EDA Eddy Current Array testing
- Advanced NDT - PAUT Phased Array Ultrasonic testing
- Advanced NDT - TOFD Time of Flight Diffraction
- Advanced NDT - CRT Computed Radiographic testing
- Advanced NDT - PEC Pulsed Eddy Current testing
- Advanced NDT - GW LRUT Guided Wave Long Range Ultrasonic testing
- Advanced NDT - SRUT Short Range Ultrasonic testing
- Advanced NDT - LFET – Low Frequency Electromagnetic Technique
- Advanced Heat Exchanger tube testing
- Advanced NDT - IRIS Internal rotary inspection system
- Advanced NDT - RTF Remote Field Testing
- Advanced NDT - NFT Near Field testing
- Advanced NDT - NFA Near Field Array tube testing
- Advanced NDT - MFL Magnetic Flux Leakage tube testing
Failure analysis or investigation is the process of collecting and analysing facts or data to determine the root cause of a failure. This involves collecting data about operating conditions, visual examination of the failed product or component, fractography, non-destructive testing, evaluation of mechanical and chemical properties, metallography-microscopy, spectroscopy, analysis of the facts and findings, root cause conclusion and recommendations to prevent the failure from recurring.
This process is very vital for heavy industries to prevent failure of affordable and unaffordable components which can cost loss of production in thousands and millions of dollars or injuring person or community.
The process of identifying the root cause and implementing preventive actions reduces the risk of injuries, reduces the downtime and increases productivity in the mining industries, offshore and shipping industry and heavy engineering industries.
Most of the quality endorsed organisations and insurance companies ensure that failure investigations are performed to reduce the risk of failure in future.
The image is a high magnification (around 5000X) Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) image of a stainless steel fatigue fracture. The micrograph revealed various cracks through rounded voids. These were determined to be the former location of sulphide inclusions that were dissipated as a result of loose bonding with the metal matrix. The geometry of the inclusions provided a stress-concentration, leading to the fatigue micro-cracks that can be observed in the image.
The image was taken as part of a failure investigation that revealed that the fracture was due to inappropriate material selection in which the presence of sulphide inclusions in the steel contributed to cyclic fatigue failure. By revealing the cause of failure, LMATS investigation allowed corrections to be made, preventing any costly future failures.
LMATS comprises a team of Metallurgist, Engineers, Scientist, Engineering Technologist and Non-destructive testing Technologist. The combination of these professionals from different speciality ensures that the most probable root cause is concluded and the best preventive measures are recommended.
Third Party Inspection
Third Party Inspection , Supplier Audits And Vendor Management
LMATS Consulting offers third-party inspection services to meet your Statutory compliance either as a planned process or in an emergency situation
We are one of the leaders in assessing business processes and products to internationally recognised standards
LMATS Third Party Inspection confirmation, verification and inspection services to one or more internationally recognized codes, standards, design specifications and specific technical project requirements.
At LMATS our Third Party Inspection at source inspection services ( at supplier and vendor sites for manufacturers ) will confirm whether the equipment or goods have been manufactured in accordance with a client's specifications and other applicable quality system requirements as specified to ensure product/project integrity.
Third party inspections may include but not limited to:
- Product Certification
- Third party inspection of Pressure Equipment meeting your Statutory compliance
- Third party inspection of MDR & Conformity assessment for Pressure vessels
- Review of material test reports
- Witnessing mechanical tests, factory acceptance tests and hydrostatic and performance tests
- Third party Witnessing welder's performance qualifications,
- Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) & Procedure Qualification Record (PQR) as per the client requirements
- Witnessing NDE ( Non Distructive Examination ) and performing visual examinations
- Instrument calibration
- Inspection of coatings
- Third party Asset Owner's Representation Services to Asia Pacific and World wide services provided
- Material varification
- Third party Assurance of Product quality
LMATS Third Party Inspection provide these services to a wide cross section of industries including petrochemical, construction, industrial, manufacturing, pipeline, marine, defence, transportation and power generation.
For a more information on our Third Party Inspection services please contact LMATS.