HMT stands as the undisputed global leader in delivering comprehensive aboveground storage tank solutions. Their unique approach to the industry sets them apart, as they collaborate closely with customers to optimize tank operations, offering a distinct level of innovation and service.
Recognizing that the needs of every customer are unique, HMT leverages its decades of experience to provide tailored solutions that enhance tank operations' efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
Founded in 1978, HMT had a clear mission: to revolutionize the aboveground storage tank market by introducing advanced technology. The company's founders were determined to develop products that not only addressed the emissions challenges of their time but also resolved the operational issues associated with existing floating roof and seal technologies. The outcome has been a range of superior products, cutting-edge technology, and holistic solutions that redefine industry standards.
HMT's comprehensive suite of tank products includes:
- External Seal Systems
- Internal Seal Systems
- Drain and Floating Suction Systems
- Geodesic Domes
- Skin and Pontoon Floating Roofs
- Full Contact Floating Roofs
- Emissions Reduction Devices
HMT's unwavering commitment to innovation and customer partnership makes it the go-to choice for aboveground storage tank solutions, offering unparalleled products and technology to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of tank operations worldwide.
Products & Services
Guided Wave Inspection
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT): A Visual Insight into Material Integrity
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) is a sophisticated method that harnesses the power of multiple shear (transverse) waves originating from a single transducer housing. These waves create an array of angles, which are then transformed into a color-scale image. This innovative approach provides a visual representation of any indications discovered within a test specimen.
- Ideal for ASME B31.1 and B31.3 piping construction projects.
- Frequently used alongside Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) in ASME Sec. VIII Div. 2 pressure vessel construction projects.
- Trusted in API storage tank construction projects.
- Essential for pre-turnaround and turnaround in-service inspections.
- Multi-Skip Phased Array Testing: Comprehensive Volumetric Screening
Multi-Skip Phased Array Testing is an invaluable tool for conducting full volumetric screening examinations, particularly for the detection of corrosion and pitting. It boasts the ability to fire multiple angles and skips, enabling a thorough volumetric screening, even under challenging conditions such as corrosion deposits, support structures, or tank annular rings.
- Crucial for in-service inspections of the critical zone from the tank's exterior.
- Offers precision in measuring corrosion beneath the shell-to-floor weld on a tank, starting from the tank chime.
- Highly effective in detecting and measuring corrosion beneath pipe and tank supports, repads, and blisters.
Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing and Multi-Skip Phased Array Testing are the advanced techniques of choice for professionals seeking a detailed and accurate understanding of material integrity in a variety of applications.
Automated Ultrasonic Testing
Automated Ultrasonic Testing (AUT), often known as corrosion mapping (C-Scan), is a cutting-edge, fully automated ultrasonic inspection technique. It leverages a state-of-the-art multichannel ultrasonic imaging system and robotic scanners with encoded precision to reveal critical insights into material degradation. These insights encompass erosion, corrosion, hydrogen blisters, hydrogen-induced cracking (HIC), and interlinked cracking issues.
- Valuable for corrosion mapping and flaw detection on tank shells and roofs, as well as spheres and vessels.
- Ideal for corrosion mapping and flaw detection on piping, especially for pipes with a diameter of up to 4 inches.
- Enables external inspections instead of internal ones.
- Proven effectiveness in challenging, difficult-to-access locations, even with as little as 3 inches of clearance.
Automated Ultrasonic Testing and Corrosion Mapping represent the pinnacle of ultrasonic inspection technology. They provide unmatched precision and efficiency for assessing material integrity and uncovering corrosion-related concerns in a variety of critical applications.