Whether you are an asset owner, operator, engineering, procurement, construction and installations services provider (EPCI) or a manufacturer, we offer an integrated inspection service for the entire project. From project assurance, vendor inspection, site inspection, in-service inspection or RBI planning & management – we have solutions for every stage of the project and asset lifecycle.
Our global presence with a vast network of qualified specialists is never far from a manufacturing hub or an asset, and together with our extensive, multidisciplinary experience with project quality management expertise across oil and gas, renewables, infrastructure, power, petrochemical and mining sectors, enables us to deliver projects on time, on budget without costly rework and failure.
Products & Services
Whether due to a scheduled turnaround or a critical component failure, the challenges and costs of downtime can be serious.
DNV offers in-service inspection during the operation, turnaround and shutdown phases of the asset lifecycle. This helps to maximize plant availability through reduced downtime. Dedicated to a safe and sustainable energy future, we help to protect the operation and integrity of all major oil and gas assets, including refineries, petrochemical plants and production facilities. Our in-service inspection service enables our customers to optimize maintenance schedules, meet regulatory requirements and avoid incidents with impact on life, property and the environment. In-service inspection is part of our holistic integrity management offering which includes advisory, risk based inspection and software.
In-service inspection services include:
- Operational inspection
- Inspection and technical assistance during turnarounds
- Lifting equipment inspection
- Assessment of lifting equipment operators
- Rig inspection, drill pipe inspection and tubular inspection
- Corrosion monitoring
- Failure evaluation, analysis and prevention
- Managed non destructive testing (NDT) and advanced NDT support providers
- Baseline inspection
- Risk-based inspection
Ensuring consistent quality demands specialist inspection, monitoring and testing.
DNV vendor inspection and surveillance assures compliance and monitors manufacturing processes, while our expediting services help you meet overall project timelines and budgets.
We operate a global operating model supported by cloud-based technology platforms. With specialists available from regional centres around the world, we provide inspection and surveillance on the ground, when and where you need it.
Our experienced and competent quality assurance inspectors can oversee:
- Manufacturing processes
- Inspection and/or testing of materials
- Compliance with company, contractual and regulatory requirements.
We use our customized inspection-reporting coordination assistance programme (CAP) software to monitor clients' projects, with particular emphasis on tracking and reporting our inspection activities. This provides a fast turnaround time for project information, audits, and reports.
What you get:
- Skilled and competent inspectors
- Vendor site visits
- Mill surveillance
- Quality engineering
- Effective reporting, production schedule, and criticality ratings
- Identification of special test and inspection procedures
- Traceability of materials
- Access to DNV technical advisory services
- Qualification of personnel
- Logistics management: desk and field expediting
- Quality assurance and audits
- Manufacturer´s capability certification (MCC)
- Early detection of deviations from standard specifications
- Monitoring of compliance with standards and procedures
- Accurate and timely reporting
- ISO 9001:2008 or API Q1, 8th edition, ISO 18000, ISO 24000.