Contrôle Mesure Systèmes (CMS) is a leader in Non Destructive Testing (NDT) with a complete range of products for eddy current and ultrasonic inspections since nearly 30 years.
Its range of products comprises high performance instruments, ultrasonic rotating heads (RotoUTscan) and eddy current rotating heads (RotoETscan), ET probes and coils, UT transducers, as well as EC and UT accessories.
CMS provides Non Destructive Testing solutions and complete turnkey systems including the associated mechanics and its carrying out complete design, planning, manufacture, installation and commissioning of such systems.
Contrôle Mesure Systèmes is a leading manufacturer of NDT equipments and NDT systems. We design, develop and manufacture a complete range of NDT equipments for eddy current and ultrasonic inspection. Our goal is to provide performing turnkey solutions aimed to improve safety, efficiency and profitability of our customers. We are also always willing to improve the performances of our NDT equipments and machines.
With our staff, composed of engineers in Software, Mechanics and Electronics, we invest and develop new technologies to meet customer’s quality requirements,which are more and more demanding : new electronics and software (Zet@ range), rotating heads (ET and UT which are able to turn around the part at high speeds), complete turnkey systems with associated mechanics. In addition, we operate a laboratory for design and manufacture of standard or special probes and coils on requirement.
Founded in 1988, CMS is a private and independent company based in Burgundy in its own building of 2500 m².
CMS continuously invest in R&D for design, develop and improve its range of NDT equipment and offering new solutions and products to it’s customers. CMS is involved together with partners, in European and Worldwide R&D programs intended to develop new technologies. Worldwide prestigious manufacturers in Steel, Automotive & Rail, Aerospace, Nuclear industries are using CMS products, because of their quality, reliability and support provided by us. By understanding the requierements of our customers and by the partnership with them, we are always willing to develop and improve the performances of our NDT equipments. Thanks to network agents, we are working in Europe (Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Russia Turkey …) in Asia (China, Korea, India, Thailand…) South America (Brazil) …
CMS at a glance :
- More than 1000 eddy current NDT equipments provided all over the world
- More than 30 immersion tanks in France for aerospace industry bearing the approval of GE, R-R,andPratt & Whitney
- More than 50 ultrasonic instruments in France for aerospce and automotive industry
- Fully integrated systems including mechanics, UT and ET for Metal industry (tubes, pipes, bars…)
- Commercial and technical representation in more than 15 countries
- More than 10 R&D projects, national and European
The major worldwide customers are trusting in CMS and are working together with it in partnership.
Products & Services
SERVICE & SUPPORT
A remote control in real time, via networking, allows CMS engineers to connect and underttake a remote control on your device, offering a high quality technical support with an unmatched speed of response. Through its products and its remote assistance, Contrôle Mesure Systèmes provides, all over the world, quality and productivity solutions for industrial applications.
Calibration & repairing
Our technical team calibrates CMS instruments and systems which are returned with a Certificate of Calibration. To ensure optimum performance of your instruments, we recommend that electronic calibration should be performed annually.
Instruments, systems, probes and coils (that are not provided by CMS only) can be repaired after investigation, quotation and agreement.
Please print out this form when completed, send it on adm@cmseddyscan mail, and include in the box with your product.
All special requests are handled with the utmost attention. We perform free of charge feasibility tests on customers parts samples, and provide a customized test report regarding the feasibility of this inspection.
CMS provides high quality training to help you become more proficient and effective with your equipment on the use of inspection systems, so they can successfully operate on production line. Training can also be customized to meet customers’ needs, at CMS head office or on customer site. Training agreement number : 27 710258271.
CMS equipments rental solutions could be the most efficient option in case of tests of short production, or troubleshooting situations. Contact our Support team for more informations.
DIMENSIONAL MEASUREMENTS METHOD
Regarding dimensional measurements, wall thickness measurements is based on the measurement of the time of flight of longitudinal waves in the inspected object.
At points where the acoustic impedance changes the ultrasonic waves are reflected more or less strongly. The wall thickness measurement takes advantage of this.
Outer diameter can additionally be determined with a known distance of the probe to the center of the rotation and measurement of the water path (acoustic path in the coupling water surrounding the part). The inner diameter, eccentricity, ovality (deviation from the circular shape) can be determined by the combination of the measurements results of the water path and wall thickness.
Some examples of application
By using an ultrasonic rotating head, the mesurements are made by 2 ultrasonic transducers which rotate all around the product in real time, and provides a complete measurement of it.
DIMENSIONAL MEASUREMENTS INSTRUMENTS
- UT electronics for defects detection and dimensional measurement
UT Electronics is a high accuracy multi-channel multi-frequency ultrasonic inspection instrument. It is intended for flaw detection and dimensional measurement of ID, OD, and thickness. Instrument operation is made fast and easy via windows based inspection screens and intuitive dialogue boxes for ultrasonic setup.
DIMENSIONAL MEASUREMENTS SOFTWARE
- Probus software
Probus is a supervision software which collect informations provided by NDT equipments and processes the data.
The Probus application is design to be integrated as a quality control tool in the customer’s production line. it’s main purpose is to collect the information provided by N.D.T equipments, in order to display signals and create inspection reports
DIMENSIONAL MEASUREMENT SYSTEM
- RotoUTDim : dimensional measurement system
CMS propose a large range of rotating heads, for longitudinal defects detection on wires, tubes and, bars
With six different sizes (products diameters range from 1 up to 220 mm), CMS rotating heads are adaptable to any production line. It can be associated with inserts and input and output centering devices, for guiding the product on the rotating head (from 4 mm product diameter)
RotoUTDim is an Ultrasonic wall and concentricity measurement system, in real time, turning at 360° around the product. It provides very fast measurement (more than 500 measures by turn)
Two ultrasonic transducers are in rotation around the product while it is moving inside a water box..The pair of transducers turns around the product and the supervisor receives in real time the thickness from Probe 1 and Probe 2, calculates WT, ID, OD, ovality, concentricity, eccentricity.
The diameter range inspected is from 4 to 200 mm.
CMS designs transducers for ultrasonic dimensional rotating head RotoUTDim.
CMS provides a large range of accessories, which, associated with eddy current instruments and ultrasonic instruments, allows a complete inspection of the products.
With its great experience and its known how, CMS can provide complete turnkey systems, a combination of mechanics , based on eddy current and ultrasonic technology in Steel, Automotive Rail; Aerospace and Nuclear industries.
ULTRASONIC TESTING METHOD
Ultrasonic Testing method (UT) uses high frequency sound energy to conduct examinations and make measurements. Ultrasonic testing inspection can be used for flaw detection/evaluation, dimensional measurements, material characterization, and more. In high technology industries, ultrasonic techniques are increasingly used because it can perform non destructive testing of the product at different stages of its manufacture and during use. This kind of UT equipment is used for the inspection of various products
Some examples of applications:
- tubes and bars,
- aircraft wings,
- metal and composite structures,
- welds of tubes and pressurized containers,
- forgings of large dimensions (for power generation),
- motor pistons,
- railway wheels and rails of track
Our ultrasonic inspection systems are comprizing of ultrasonic instruments for automatic in line inspection of tubes, pipes, bars, parts (in Automotive, Aerospace, Steel and Nuclear industry), ultrasonic rotating systems such as rotating head for fullbody defects detection and dimensional measurements, ultrasonic local immersion tank for inspection of tubes and bars, and immersion tanks which are propose for the French market.
Our goal is to develop and create performing solutions to improve safety, efficiency and profitability of our customers. We are also always willing to improve the performances of our equipments and systems
CMS provides Non destructive testing solutions for all defects detection
NDT solutions for Ultrasonic testing line of tubes and bars
NDT Eddy current (EC) and Ultrasonic (UT) rotating systems for defects detection on long products
UT electronics for defects detection
- UT Electronics is a high accuracy multi-channel multi-frequency ultrasonic inspection instrument.
- It is intended for flaw detection and dimensional measurement of ID, OD, and thickness. Instrument operation is made fast and easy via windows based inspection screens and intuitive dialogue boxes for ultrasonic setup.
- UT Electronic is intended to operate with ultrasonic rotating head RotoUTscan and dimensional rotating head RotoUTDim
Usc-100b for defects detection
- Multi channel multi frequency ultrasonic instrument managing ultrasonic immersion systems. The USC-100b is easy to use via inspection displays based on Windows, and intuitive dialogs for ultrasound settings. Configurable with one or two square waves pulser preamplifiers, USC-100b is expandable up to 8 parallel channels / 64 ultrasound multiplexed channels and programmable I / O ports when making use of several upr-101 ultrasonic cards. It allows the storage of a virtually unlimited number of configuration files for different transducers and inspection plans.
UT MATE ultrasonic instrument
- UT Mate is intended for the automotive industry for the inspection for spotweld in production line. Connected to a computer with USB port, it is an easy to use an powerful instrument with intuitive menus. UT MATE facilitates increased production volumes while maintaining highest quality standards
- Probus is a supervision software which collect informations provided by NDT equipments and processes the data.
- The Probus application is designed to be integrated as a quality control tool in the customer’s production line.
- His main purpose is to collect informations provided by N.D.T equipments, in order to display signals and create inspection reports.
- Advanced software for immersion inspection systems.
- The CSI software for Windows is a user friendly, next generation software for the factory or laboratory scanning systems. Flexibility allows for operating in either parts coordinates or machine coordinates frameworks, thus making the importing of parts programs from CAD or TXT files and the transfer of parts programs from one system to the other really simple
- Full automatic ultrasonic evaluation of aero engine disks increasing productivity by off line evaluation in parallel to scanning
- Ultrasonic board for high performance and reliability in flaw detection and dimensional measurement
Ultrasonic rotating head RotoUTscan
High precision ultrasonic system, it is intended for defects detection (longitudinal and transversal flaws) and dimensional measurements such as ID, OD, wall thickness, in tubes and bars in non ferrous metal such as carbon steel, stainless steel, titanium. Diameters range of product to be inspected is between 4 and 350 mm.
Ultrasonic local immersion tank
Ultrasonic water tank system for defect detection by local immersion on tubes and bars of internal defects
Ultrasonic immersion systems
Ultrasonic immersion systems are high resolution and high precision systems. Sell on the French market for inspection of large and forging parts such as disks, bars, shafts, billets …Extensively used in Aerospace industry and in many other applications.
CMS provides ultrasonic transducers such as :
- UTR transducers
- Spotweld transducers
- Contact transducers
- Specific transducers
CMS provides a large range of accessories, which, associated with ultrasonic instruments, allows a complete inspection of the products such as :
- Centering devices
- Water circulation system
- Triaxial and RF cables
- Waterpath membranes
- Mechanical bench
ENGINEERING AND TURNKEY SYSTEMS
With its great experience and its known how, CMS can provide complete turnkey systems, a combination of mechanics , ultrasonic technology in Steel industry, Automotive industry; etc…such as : complete titanium tubes inspection, complete inspection line of bars with ET and UT methods, quality verification of bars, thick tubular product in rotation.