Bureau Veritas is a world leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification. Our mission is at the heart of key challenges: quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Through our wide range of expertise, impartiality and independence, we foster confidence between companies, public authorities and clients.
Bureau Veritas is a Business to Business to Society company, contributing to transform the world we live in. Driven by society, we are working ever more closely with our clients, addressing today’s crucial challenges and answering society’s aspirations.
Products & Services
Industrial supply chains are both complex and globalized. We help you improve your quality control processes across your supply chain by acting as your trusted and experienced procurement partner.
OPTIMIZING QUALITY CONTROL ACROSS THE SUPPLY CHAIN
Today’s supply chains are increasingly globalized, challenging quality control effectiveness, driven by the search for increasing cost effectiveness, resulting in; increasing distances between supplier; increasing supplier allocation of specialist activity to sub-supplier/sub-contractors (such as NDT, Painting and Coating etc) and increasing dynamic of contracted expertise vs supplier employed resources.
For industry, this challenge is further complicated when the equipment being purchased is received on-site and found failing to comply with expected and specified quality levels a detailed in purchase orders and contracts. In many instances upon investigation, the equipment and materials is confirmed also to fail to comply with international, national or industry specific conformity standards. These quality ‘fails’ often compromise the safety, process functionality and longevity of complete assets and facilities and whilst can be addressed quickly during the manufacturing phase, they are costly to redress in terms of delays to construction, commissioning and operating start up for the overall project on-site.
As an asset owner, operator or purchaser of industrial assets and their equipment, being assured that the quality of products, assets, suppliers and systems are to your specification and expectation is paramount throughout the supply chain.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
We offer a complete range of expert supplier assessment services for the procurement phase of major projects.
QHSE services (CAPEX/OPEX)
- Our services such as shop inspection, expediting, vendor audit, supplier technical assessment, and product certification (CE-marking, ASME), assist in driving equipment quality and delivery to schedule, across the industrial installation and commissioning lifecycle.
- Our technical excellence is driven by commodity-based specific training (mandatory eLearning and classroom based training and examinations), technical competency classification, continual delivery tracking, ensure the highest level of quality control, reduced inspection delivery timelines, and improved technical consistency across your global supply chain.
2nd & 3rd party service provision
- Our services, such as supplier technical assessment, shop inspection, field expediting and certification ensure that your purchased equipment both meets international, and national standards and/or specific standards and specifications defined in the purchase order/contract.
- Our services are based on proactive expediting assessments, conducted at the suppliers facilities at pre-agreed milestones, to ensure documentation approvals, materials purchase, manufacturing progression, inspection and testing and preparation for shipment remain on schedule, to purchaser requirements.
Supplier / Vendor Assessment
- Our services are based on leveraging our network of extensive expertise with specific product manufacturers (and with specific manufacturers). At Bureau Veritas, we work with the purchaser to identify the critical areas/activities of concern based on their specific needs and then assess the production capability, capacity, technical capability and QMS effectiveness analysis to ensure that your suppliers stay on schedule, on budget, and on quality, no matter where your suppliers are located.
INDUSTRIAL PRODUCT CERTIFICATION
Industrial product certification enables manufacturers to access local and international markets, thus providing a "passport" for their products.
Our Industrial Product Certification services help clients properly assess their products according to safety, quality and environmental standards, thus certifying them for entry onto markets around the world.
YOUR PASSPORT TO MARKETS
You face several challenges:
- Understand all applicable regulations (safety, quality, environmental) where your product will be in use
- Conduct thorough product evaluation against technical standards, directives and regulations
- Clarify any actions required to achieve compliance (design review, test witnessing, inspection)
- Gain access to new markets for your products through local and global certification programs
For over 100 years, manufacturers have trusted us for full compliance support in industrial product certification market. Our goal: to help you navigate the complex terrain of industrial product certification, enabling you to bring your products to market at home and abroad.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
Our technical experts provide certification of products for a wide range of equipment. We help you assure conformity not only for your traditional products, but for “smart” Industry X.0 products and those produced using cutting-edge techniques such as additive manufacturing.
Ensure market access
- We understand and clarify complex regulations in your target markets, both domestic and international.
- We assess compliance and certify your industrial products for export around the world.
- We certify your personnel, enabling you to show your people’s skills are evolving with new industry trends.
Compliance for today and tomorrow
- We apply our global certification capacity to help you secure today’s markets and prepare for tomorrow’s.
- We are at the leading edge of Industry X.0, providing certification for new, products and manufacturing techniques.
- We facilitate more agile supply chains with the certification of products made with new, advanced techniques such as additive manufacturing.
Global network and expertise
- We provide our expertise globally, with product certification experts on the ground in 140 countries.
- We have one of the world’s largest portfolios of accreditations and notifications.
- We provide highly specialized knowledge for a very wide range of product categories and national regulations.
- We bring 100+ years of experience, making us one of the world’s most longstanding compliance partners.