Baugh & Weedon
Baugh & Weedon also offer a wide range of Ultrasonic (UT) Thickness Gauges, EMAT Flaw Detectors, UT Flaw Detectors, Ultrasonic Wall Crawlers, Hollow Rail Axle Inspection Sytems, UT Immersion Tanks, Eddy Current (ECT) Sorting Bridges, Gamma Ray and X Ray Pipeline Crawlers.
What is Baugh & Weedon all about?
Baugh & Weedon is a leading manufacturer of Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) Benches and Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI) Penetrant Lines. Baugh & Weedon can also provide MT accessories, including UV Lamps, dual UV and white light Inspection Lamps (Lumazon) and our dual UV and White Light Meter (LumaCheck), as well as a full range of MPI and LPI chemicals from Pfinder Chemie. You name it; we have it for all your Magnetic Particle Inspection and Liquid Penetrant Inspection needs.
Baugh & Weedon also offer a wide range of Ultrasonic (UT) Thickness Gauges, EMAT Flaw Detectors, UT Flaw Detectors, Ultrasonic Wall Crawlers, Hollow Rail Axle Inspection Sytems, UT Immersion Tanks, Eddy Current (ECT) Sorting Bridges, Gamma Ray and X-Ray Pipeline Crawlers.
Established in 1967, Baugh & Weedon has a long history of supplying the NDT industry with high-quality products and services. Based in the UK and with a wealth of industry knowledge, we strive to be client focused at all times, working with you to find the right solution for your NDT needs.
Products & Services
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) Benches - EBU & SBU
Baugh & Weedon Ltd is a trusted supplier of MPI equipment to the NDT industry. Their MAGAZON series of benches have a proven track record for reliability and durability, and are in daily use by most of the leading UK Aerospace companies. Designed and produced in Hereford, UK, the MAGAZON series offers testing for components of all sizes that require substantial magnetising currents.
The benches are available in varying sizes, a wide range of magnetising modes and current waveforms with a variety of accessories and ancillary equipment. Their design allows the freedom to build benches to individual specifications offering the optimum combination of technical and commercial satisfaction.
- All benches can be customised to meet your application needs
- SBU - 1000 Amps, 2000 Amps or 2500 Amps
- EBU - 3000 Amps or 5000 Amps
- Built with AC, HWDC, FWDC & 3 Phase FWDC options
- "Swinging Field" available
- Automatic Sequencing Options
- Current Pre-Selection (CPS) available on all benches
Various coil options including encircling, pancake and split
- Suitable to use with water-based and kerosene inks
- Inking Systems available
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) Portable Bench Unit - PBU-350
The PBU 350 Portable Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) Bench Unit offers great MPI performance teamed with the outstanding quality that Baugh & Weedon is known for. With a long rich history of designing and building MPI benches of all sizes, it is fitting that we have added the portable bench option to our range.
As well as the key features, there are various aspects of the PBU design that set it apart in the marketplace including the ability to add an inking system to the unit offering maximum flexibility to the inspector.
The PBU uses a gas spring to provide the clamping pressure on the headstock that ensures optimum electrical contact with the component under test. We have also developed the coil to offer bi-directional clamping allowing the coil to be manually rotated at 90o for maximum inspection flexibility.
- Only requires a 13 Amp supply.
- Working Ranges: Current Flow 1000 AMPS AC RMS (1800Amps Peak equivalent). HWDC 700 AMPS Twice Mean (=MagAmps), 350Amps Mean equivalent.
- Optional Current Pre-Selection system.
- Stainless Steel construction.
- Compact with integral Power Pack.
- AC / HWDC magnetising.
- Shot times of 1, 2 and 3 seconds as standard (dual shot times also available)
- Demagnetisation cycle.
- Gas spring pressure on Headstock & Manual Locking Tailstock.
- Current Flow - copper braid contact pads & V-block supports.
- Optional Flux Flow.
- Footswitch for ease-of-use.
- Optional “Bi-Directional” Coils.
LumaFlux Combined Dual UV & White Light Tangential Field Strength Meter
- Two instruments in one
- SAVE on initial investment/purchase cost
- REDUCE calibration costs
- Excellent results accuracy in all measurement modes
- Lightweight, compact and housed in rugged enclosure
- Battery powered
- Ergonomically designed with protective rubber boot
- Full colour programmable display
- Programmable calibration reminder
- Separate probes and separate cable for convenience and lower spares and maintenance costs
The LumaFlux is a truly Innovative NDT Product and is a combined Dual UV / White Light Meter and Tangential Field Strength Meter in one rugged Instrumentation package. With an easy "Swap and Go" system to change Sensors, the LumaFlux rapidly switches between all the established functions of the LumaCheck Dual UV & White Light Meter and the unique benefits of the MagnaCheck 3D Tangential Field Strength Meter. The LumaFlux automatically recognises the Sensor that is connected meaning that the unit operates in the selected mode until the sensors are swapped.
The good news is that the LumaFlux has the same robust enclosure and sensors as the two predecessor Products and, of course, all the same benefits in measurement accuracy and efficiency. However, the LumaFlux is available at a price that is approximately 15% less than purchasing two separate Meters.
Not only is there a saving in capital cost, but the calibration costs for the LumaFlux will also typically prove to be significantly cheaper than calibrating two separate Meters.
The LumaFlux Kit includes the LumaFlux Instrument, Dual UV & White Light Sensor, 3D Tangential Field Strength Probe, Probe Lead, Metal Null Pot and quality Carry Case.
The LumaCheck has been adopted by many of the worlds' major NDT users over the last three years and offers precise measurement of UV and White Light intensity and exceptional measurement stability over long periods of time. The LumaCheck has already proved to be extremely rugged and durable in field use with extremely low 'lifetime cost of ownership'