Our services include Pipeline, Manufacturing, Petrochemical and Refinery, Marine, New Fabrication and Developmental Services.
We can approach this range of services as we have assembled an experienced team of seasoned professionals mastered their craft.
BSS employees possess a long track record of experience with pipelines, fabrication, and asset management protocol and we intend to continue with this developmental success. Our We intendappeal to individuals with work ethics that match our own and believe that hard work and key investments bolster success.
Products & Services
Magnetic Particle Testing
Magnetic particle testing is a nondestructive testing method for detecting discontinuities that are primarily linear and located at or near the surface of ferromagnetic components and structures.
- Magnetic Particle inspection is governed by the laws of magnetism and is therefore restricted to the inspection of materials (metals) that can support magnetic flux lines.
- Metals can be classified as ferromagnetic, paramagnetic, or diamagnetic.
- Only those metals classified as ferromagnetic can be effectively inspected by magnetic particle inspection methods.
Liquid Penetrant Inspection
A non-destructive method of revealing discontinuities that are open to the surfaces of solid and essentially nonporous materials
Indications of a wide spectrum of flaw sizes can be found regardless of the configuration of the workpiece and regardless of the flaw orientation. Liquid penetrants seep into various types of minute surface openings by capillary action.
Because of this, the process is well suited to the detection of all types of surface cracks, laps, porosity, shrinkage areas, laminations, and similar discontinuities.
It is extensively used for the inspection of wrought and cast products of both ferrous and nonferrous metals, powder metallurgy parts, ceramics, plastics, and glass objects.
Barracuda Specialty Services offers radiographic services for both shop and field applications.
- Barracuda Specialty Services staff of certified and qualified professional radiographers operate within strict safety protocols to deliver high-quality radiographs which allow us to evaluate whether an anomaly is a defect or can be accepted per code requirements.
- Barracuda Specialty Services will analyze each project to properly distribute our resources to meet our client's specifications and production schedules
- Barracuda Specialty Services specializes in Gamma Ray Inspection for external evaluation of structural process piping and pipeline construction. High-quality gamma ray inspection equipment and experienced personnel result in first-rate performance on each industrial radiography project we undertake