ASG's two founding directors, John Bowman and Keith Little, have over 60 years' combined experience in oil & gas inspection services.
They have extensive knowledge of front-line operations – of performing complex inspection tasks and managing teams across the spectrum of inspection activities in energy provinces around the world.
Both have been active participants in industry organisations, helping to shape the modern-day inspection sector.
Today, they apply that experience and know-how to offer proactive and dynamic inspection services that reflect the challenges and priorities of clients.
It's augmented by a pool of experienced staff, a rigorous competency framework and a suite of advanced equipment and technology systems.
And it's all underpinned by a commitment to a personal approach: to nurturing and developing working partnerships that add new value.
Products & Services
We're highly experienced in the application of Non Destructive Testing – a proven technique that can save both money and time in product evaluation.
Our key disciplines:
- Phased array ultrasonic testing – on pins, shafts, bolts, anchor chain, welds and other products
- Magnetic particle inspection
- Liquid penetrant inspection
- Ultrasonic inspection - including thickness gauging, corrosion assessment and full weld volumetric inspection
- Eddy current inspection
- Visual inspection
Our key services:
- Non-intrusive inspection techniques to reduce down time for inspection
- Special Periodic Surveys (SPS) – five yearly renewal surveys
- Life enhancement remedial works
- HP and LP pipework inspection and report evaluation
- Pressure vessel inspection
- Rotary tool inspection
- Drilling handling tool inspection
- Subsea equipment inspection
To take our inspection services to the next level, we complement these capabilities in many different ways that add value (Added-Value-Services)
Rope Access, as governed through the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA), is recognised as the industry standard best practice for working at height.
It is a technique that is an integral feature of our service provision. It enables our technicians to perform all our inspection services at height, in accordance with their ICOP.
Beyond Non Destructive Testing and Lifting Gear Inspection, it's also used for:
- Drops inspection
- Derrick inspection
- Light and remedial maintenance works