Ionix HotSense™ offers a complete solution for inspection of assets susceptible to high temperature sulfidic corrosion in line with the 2020 edition of API RP 571. Recent updates to recommended practices, require 100% inspection of components at risk, and those showing signs of accelerated corrosion necessitate monitoring.
The new HS582i high temperature dual UT probe enables scanning and grid measurements without the need for cooling or duty cycling whilst reducing the need for repeat calibration.
- On-stream high-temperature measurement
- High-resolution thickness data, removing the need for prior or additional screening
- Continuous on-stream monitoring of high temperature locations with accelerated corrosion
- 100 % inspection for accelerated corrosion from sulfidation feasible at a fraction of the cost and time without impacting productivity
- Continuous measurements or scanning (with magnetic crawlers or robotic scanners) for full coverage of refinery assets with in-depth inspections to determine the presence, location, and extent of any existing sulfidation corrosion damage, without the need for isolation of shutdown
- Reduced cost and inspection time due to operating up to 550 ºC without the need for cooling or duty cycling
- Immediately accessible to any asset integrity service provider competent in basic UT techniques
- Rapid location of high-risk areas and CMLs, to monitor and trend corrosion rate, leading to asset and process intelligence to inform RBI strategies, fitness for service assessments, and defer or schedule maintenance.
- Seamless integration with other HotSense™ products such as Measurement Hub™ and CALIPERAY wireless system to provide a scalable solution for monitoring of areas of accelerated corrosion.